By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic and Mario official Olympic game annoucned!

ranzchic said: I hope this means that Virtua Tennis also comes to the Wii soon enough.

Around the Network

On a german website, they are feared that this could be an april's fool. what do you think about this? if it is not, it is a great announcement!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Alacrist said: How can Mario race Sonic????? That's the biggest mis-match if I every did see one.

r2007 said: Alacrist said: How can Mario race Sonic????? That's the biggest mis-match if I every did see one.
LOL I take it back lmao

nintendo_fanboy said: On a german website, they are feared that this could be an april's fool. what do you think about this? if it is not, it is a great announcement!
They used the official Beijing 08 Olympics logo, I don' think they'd go to all that trouble for a prank because you gotta pay for the privilege to use the thing.

Around the Network

r2007 said: Alacrist said: How can Mario race Sonic????? That's the biggest mis-match if I every did see one.
Actually that's nothing. Check out Nikolai Valuev: 7 feet (214 cm), 330 lb (150 kg)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Mario_Sonic_at_the_Olympic_Games_together_at_last

Mario makes me thing the game will be a lot of fun. But Sonic makes me think the game will have one hell of a convoluted and nonsensicle storyline about the International Olympic Committee being taken over by Eggman and the Japanese Gold Medal Gymnast falling in love with Sonic.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I just want to know if Mario and Sonic will be able to get new powers to win the races by taking anabolic steroids.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

An olympics game using the Wii-mote alone has tons of potential. And I'm hoping that with this huge merge of charachters that Nintendo and Sega's reps will be on the line enough to make sure this is a killer app. But between this and NiGHTS Sega is really shaping up as a Wii developer. Who would of thought that all of Nintendo's big exciting news would involve Sega. I hope this does mean there is a Wii Virtua Tennis title on the way. I really don't see why not, the system is practically begging for it. Or maybe Nintendo will allow the Virtua Tennis team to create a Mario Tennis title. Although I will say between this and the Nights news I'm afraid these may be the big announcements that a few industry people have hinted at in the past months. I just hope Nintendo has something else themselves secret, I want a new Kid Icirus!!