By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The next generation of consoles?

Who thinks that when the wii 2 and xbox 720 come out the ps4 won't be released? I mean the hardware in wii was outdated when it was released and the hardware for the 360 is starting to ge old. The ps3 was way ahead of it's time when it was released. It already has blu ray and a cell processor. It's the most powerful of all current gen systems by a long shot. I am thinking that when the new systems are released that the ps4 won't be released after about 2 years after those consoles. The ps3 is already capable of 3d gaming, motion controlls, and bluray. Not to mention the 6 axis in the controllers. The ps3 also has so much more petential to have better graphics as no game has ever used the full power of the ps3. Who else thinks this way?

Around the Network

PS4 and X720 will both release at the same time but MSFT will have to price their console at $100 lower to compete. If PS4 will be backward compatible, the PS3 will be dropped by Sony like a boat anchor. Nintendo can release their next console whenever they please.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Yeah they don't make many games for psp either while ninty supports both the wii and the ds..

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

In the first place Nintendo will never use the name "Wii 2" in its new console. Nintendo is more creative than that.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Wii 2 seems good since Wii had success
XBOX REVO
PS4

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The hardware inside the Wii was outdated when it launched, but the hardware outside the Wii was not. This is giving Nintendo the edge, although I am not sure if they are going to use it to its full potential.

This is what most people fail to acknowledge. Wii hardware is more advanced, but not where most people look for. Nintendo has an advantage of ~62.5 million motion controlled systems, while Sony and Microsoft have to create a new critical mass of users to make profitable for the developers their motion controlled systems.

guys your nit picking at the names, never the technicality of it.

The fact is all 3 Major players have been working on a new system the day the last one was created ( Fact), now there is a lot of R&D that must be put into motion.

Please stop reading into the PR BS about the PS system future proof, this isn't really how it was played out to be. The PS systems aren't a marvel of technological advancement to develop for so in reality it takes a number of year before the devs get a hold of the system while the rivals had made the systems dev friendly to take advantage of the system right off the bat. Can you imagine if Sony made the system dev friendly and we had games like FFXIII & FFXIV, ,MGS4, GT5 GOW etc 1 year after the system was released ( you think about that). I have obviously taken many variables into consideration and the top tier developers have many technical wizards at their disposal but only after time they can get a good grasp of the hardware.

I would like to bring to light a 4th player to the scene. 48min video
http://www.gamertagradio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=76097#post76097

Will we see the new PS4? Yes, when 1 or 2 years after, so I say 2013. the current system is not perfect and Sony knows this, and the fact the system could use more RAM shows and a stronger GPU. Can you imagine the next XBOX3 out with an insane spec sheet running games that were never possible and to have the multiplat version on the PS3 look low end. Besides it would be good market sense for the consumer to have more than one choice. And make sure the system is backward compatible.

Will we see the new XBOX 3?
This is without a doubt a hell yes, and I hope for the love of God that the masterminds at MS they pay close attention to Hardware failure. Give it all the CPU,GPU,RAM and magic you want but for the love of God make sure it last more than 6 Months. Free Live service would be great but giving the users more options would be great.

Will we see the new Nintendo 6?
This is an obvious yes as Nintendo has a strict business model and investors and shareholders that they must please. their 5 year cycle was off set by the recession. I hope they take the route of the Ultra64 and bring something more powerful than what the other 2 will but developer friendly ( I just want Nintendo to put the so called HD graphic whores in their place) , we know the system will be HD but I hope they go full 1080. Use a new media but please don't use the DVD9, even HDDVD would better than that.

let's face it we all love new gadgets and I for one am really looking forward to seeing the new system specs and options.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

beast024 said:

Who thinks that when the wii 2 and xbox 720 come out the ps4 won't be released? I mean the hardware in wii was outdated when it was released and the hardware for the 360 is starting to ge old. The ps3 was way ahead of it's time when it was released. It already has blu ray and a cell processor. It's the most powerful of all current gen systems by a long shot. I am thinking that when the new systems are released that the ps4 won't be released after about 2 years after those consoles. The ps3 is already capable of 3d gaming, motion controlls, and bluray. Not to mention the 6 axis in the controllers. The ps3 also has so much more petential to have better graphics as no game has ever used the full power of the ps3. Who else thinks this way?

Everything bolded is your personal opinion, and not fact.  By basing your argument on your unsubstantiated opinion, you have committed a fairly common logical fallacy.

However, in the interest of open discussion, I would suggest that Sony would be committing Playstation suicide, if they tried to use the PS3 to compete with a brand new XBOX/Wii.  That of course, is just my opinion.

"However, in the interest of open discussion, I would suggest that Sony would be committing Playstation suicide, if they tried to use the PS3 to compete with a brand new XBOX/Wii.  That of course, is just my opinion."

I agree with you.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

There is no way in hell Sony will sit by and let MS and Nintendo release consoles while they don't. You say the PS3 is powerful but 2-4 years from now when new consoles are out, the PS3 will be old technology.

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......