By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero III May Fall Short of Demand

I've pretty much lost interest in GH, because there's no second guitar for me to buy for Wii...

Once its available, I'll care again...though this apparent lack of quick play multiplayer in GH3 is pretty lame too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

i'm still enjoying it quite a bit, but i am seriously peeved that there are no spare wii-tars on the market. it's not like the success of this game was a shocker - we all knew it was going to sell very well. Get some guitars out there activision!!

Ben, don't you have a 360? If so, why did you get the Wii version?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Ben, don't you have a 360? If so, why did you get the Wii version?

A) I don't have a 360.  Just can't really afford it yet.

B) I didn't buy the Wii version.  It would be the version I would buy if I did though.  I have a PS2, but I have never owned a GH game, just played at friends' houses.  So I would have to buy the bundle + an extra guitar.  And since the Wii version has online, rumble, sound from the Wiimote, and since I play my Wii the most, I figured I'd get that version.

But the lack of separate guitars, plus the apparent lack of quick play multiplayer in all the versions puts me off.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

i dont know about the other versions but i see this happening for the wii at least--i mean i can walk into the stores in my area--(including sames club) and find the ps3/360 versions but not the wii

Around the Network

I've seen the Wii version at nearly every store so far...in fact the PS2 version has been harder to find...packed with a guitar anyway. Maybe there is no PS2 bundle...

But I don't know why there are no separate guitars for sale...it's pretty lame. I guess 3rd party controllers could be out by Christmas...but they're usually much worse than the official guitars.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

huh--must be alot of wii owners in my neck of the woods

GHIII is better than II IMO and should be picked up if you're a fan of the series. Here's my friend's take on the game and I mostly agree with him, though he failed to mention that the final boss is the most fun you'll have with a 3/4 scale plastic guitar with colored buttons on it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/