By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is your Wii gathering dust??

Is your Wii gathering dust??

Yes 15 25.42%

No 44 74.58%

Total:59

Well, my Wii collects dust, yes

But that's because it's on all the time, and attracts dust because electricity is running through it

Around the Network

Why do people insist on making these ridiculas threads. Wii wouldn't still be selling above everyone else by great margins if it were not still being played heavily.

Mine gets turned on everyday and played by either my boys, myself, or my teenage brothers who stop by most days.

This is not a flame thread!!
I have the ps3 as well, I play that alot.
I remember when I first got the wii, I played it all day long.
now it doesnt appeal as much!
I dunno maybe its the lack of fps...

mine is dust freee. Been playing CODMW Reflex, Band Hero, and NSMBW

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

I basically don't have enough time or money to play all the games I would like to.
Anyway, mi Wii is not collecting dust at all. I have recently got WM+ with WSR, though I haven't tried it out yet. I bought my wife the Wii Balance Board and I am just starting Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and it looks great so far.
I haven't beaten up Little King Story yet and I'm planning to get Muramasa, A boy and his Blob and Crystal Bearers anytime soon.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xxain said:
nightsurge said:
While this is probably an utter flame bait thread, my answer to the poll would be I sold my Wii. I only played it when I had a group of friends over which became less often after college started. The game selection just didn't match up with my tastes very well, either.

I also sold my PS3 and now just have a 360, but that was merely because I do not have the time or money to support exclusives from both platforms anymore.

lol... this post killed me, very Ironic

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  That your social life diminishing in college is kinda ironic?  

My experience has been different, back when I got my Wii I became the popular kid in my dorm and had my other friends drag me to their dorms to play, which is also how I got some nice discounts, I had the Wii, they wanted to play multiplayer and worked at stores that could net me good discounts, so they got me to buy new games and controllers for cheap so they could play :P

As for me, there's been a ton of things to play since launch, so short answer is no, its been my most played console since the N64/PS1.

I got the Wii when I was in high school.  Everyone wanted to play it back then.  After I went to college (which by the way I live in my own apartment, not a dorm), not as many people cared for it.  Even my gf who was amazing at Wii Sports bowling stopped playing it after a while, and the friends we used to have over all the time moved away.  So since I had limited time and money, and the games on the Wii no longer interested me in solo play, I sold it.  I'm not adding any flaming or insults, I am merely giving my honest experience.

As for my social life, it has diminished quite a bit.  That kinda happens when you have to work, take 16+ credit hours, and try to have a relationship all at the same time. 

I can't be the only one who voted "Yes" but plays a lot

Zucas said:
Oh boy imagine if I made a topic talking about my PS3 collecting dust haha. Wouldn't last a second without immediate flaming and what not haha. Of course that isn't the PS3's fault just no time for it.

But using that logic, maybe that is your problem with the system. Don't blame the tool blame the carpenter. Either you don't have time or money for it or just the selection isn't for you as nightsurge pointed out for him. I wouldn't advise selling it because the money you'll get compared to what you paid for it isn't worth it.

For me, I play my Wii all the time. Of course it gets time and a vast selection of games so there are lots of reasons to play it. Wouldn't give that system up for the world.

That is rather annoying, unfair, and very true.  The reason you don't see that often is because most multiconsole owners know that making these sorts of threads are prone to lots of trolling and stupidity, the issue is the Wii is the dust collector because of "core" sites deeming it so, so it's a big topic and not "trolling" because its popular belief amongst the professional trolls that write for the big sites.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Khuutra said:
Well, my Wii collects dust, yes

But that's because it's on all the time, and attracts dust because electricity is running through it

Hilarious!

I guess that applies both to my Wii and PS3.

nightsurge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xxain said:
nightsurge said:
While this is probably an utter flame bait thread, my answer to the poll would be I sold my Wii. I only played it when I had a group of friends over which became less often after college started. The game selection just didn't match up with my tastes very well, either.

I also sold my PS3 and now just have a 360, but that was merely because I do not have the time or money to support exclusives from both platforms anymore.

lol... this post killed me, very Ironic

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  That your social life diminishing in college is kinda ironic?  

My experience has been different, back when I got my Wii I became the popular kid in my dorm and had my other friends drag me to their dorms to play, which is also how I got some nice discounts, I had the Wii, they wanted to play multiplayer and worked at stores that could net me good discounts, so they got me to buy new games and controllers for cheap so they could play :P

As for me, there's been a ton of things to play since launch, so short answer is no, its been my most played console since the N64/PS1.

I got the Wii when I was in high school.  Everyone wanted to play it back then.  After I went to college (which by the way I live in my own apartment, not a dorm), not as many people cared for it.  Even my gf who was amazing at Wii Sports bowling stopped playing it after a while, and the friends we used to have over all the time moved away.  So since I had limited time and money, and the games on the Wii no longer interested me in solo play, I sold it.  I'm not adding any flaming or insults, I am merely giving my honest experience.

As for my social life, it has diminished quite a bit.  That kinda happens when you have to work, take 16+ credit hours, and try to have a relationship all at the same time. 

Haha been there, done that, and still found time to game :P but yeah I do wish I had more time for all the things I want to do during college, many games go unplayed :(

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000