By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 has really made a name for itself

After the many years of Gears of War being the greatest game on the Xbox 360, a flood of awesome games, suddenly down pours onto the system. It all started with the release of BioShock, followed by Halo 3, followed by the Orange Box, and soon to come, Mass Effect, and Call of Duty 4. In only a matter of months, Xbox 360 has brought forth many, high quality titles, to add to its solid video game library. The only bad thing is, if you aren't interested in M-rated games, than the Xbox 360 really doesn't have that much to offer. Xbox 360 has a total of 14 games, with an average percentage of 90%+, on Game Rankings. Playstation 3 only has 1. However, a few of those Xbox 360 games are from Xbox Live Arcade, and a few more have less than 5 reviews, but even so, the Xbox 360 has lived up to its name, and will soon, have a greater video game library than its predecessor, the Xbox, especially after Banjo Kazooie 3 is released. Anyone else notice the sudden boost of A-Class games? 

Around the Network

yes. a huge boost in games. until this fall 360 had nothing. the only AAA games it had were oblivion and gears. i mean i consider it to have easily the worst opening year and a half lineup for any system ever, or at least any popular mainstream system. but then immediately following that unprecedented drought is possibly the best AAA season ever. i'd also add assasin's creed to likely be an AAA title to your list. thats 6 possible great AAA games in a few months. it seems a bit top heavy personally cuz i'm only interested in a few other games besides those (in comparison there are several more total wii games i want this fall but only 2 of them are AAA), but still in the span of 4 months its gone from crap for a lineup to GREAT. i only wish my roommate who owns the 360 would actually buy more AAA's than just assasin's creed and mass effect.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

All i know is ive got to somehow come up with 200 bucks to pay for AC Mass effect and COD 4

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

It actually is kind of annoying, because i dont have the time or money to be buying all the games that i want that all of a sudden are coming out, hahaha. I personally have a problem with all the systems releasing a lot of their big names now because its the holiday season coming up. I wonder if all the quality titles being released in the same period of time will strain the market with so much competition.

heck no

ive go to go out tomorrow and grab call of duty 4, CANT #%#$ing WAIT!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network

I agree. The 360 has a steady stream of AAA titles from now til at least early next year with release of lost odyssey and too human. I hated xbox 1 but the 360 has truly done a 180 compared to its first iteration.

Yeah, that does sound good. Im really excited actually about Assassin Creed, thats the game i think I'm looking forward to the most this month.

dabaus513 said:
I agree. The 360 has a steady stream of AAA titles from now til at least early next year with release of lost odyssey and too human. I hated xbox 1 but the 360 has truly done a 180 compared to its first iteration.

Yeah, and its good that more Japanese Developers are getting on board this time around compared to the original xbox. 

The XBox 360 has made a name for itself ... mainly that it is a system for core gamers who like to play shooter games online; being that 6 of the 9 90%+ games are shooters and 5 of those shooters have involved online gameplay it becomes easy to see why it has that reputation.

Core gamers ehh, guess me and every friend who does shooters must automatically be be core?