By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Trimming More Costs

So now they will not be profitable until 2011?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

http://jarralz.org/2009/11/19/sony-ps3-is-upgradeable-to-3d-company-will-return-to-profit-in-2011/

muttering darkly to self " why do people keep changing the date "

Isn't that the whole company? And not just the SCE part of Sony?

@ JerCotter7
is that at aimed at the link or the original post

It sucks to see jobs cut, I feel for those people, but on the other hand if this move helps Sony start to make money , build profits to rehire and make a better structure for there gaming division, then they have to do what they have to do.

Around the Network
Tenkin said:
@ JerCotter7
is that at aimed at the link or the original post

Sharky's post was about PS3 making a profit next year. And your link is about 2011 but isn't your link about Sony as a whole company?

And I thought sony was projecting a total profit for 2013? I'm totally lost now haha.

kowenicki said:
JerCotter7 said:

Isn't that the whole company? And not just the SCE part of Sony?

Yes it is Sony Corp that aims to be profitable by financial year ending 2011.  

Link? the link i found said march but it doesn't say if it'll have regained it's losses or just started to make profit

It's only SCE. most likely, which is still very iffy.

keep on trimming that fat sir howard stringer!!

Good luck mate!

is.sharky974 said:
Sony has been predicting it's game business is about to turn profitable next year this entire generation. Doesn't seem very realistic and they have missed every time.

This.