By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PSP Go was a MAJOR flop. We need to talk about it.

internet speeds are plenty fast enough. PSP games are pretty small, it won't take longer than an hour depending on your internet connection. Many people just want to have the real copy of the game. PSP go really has been ignored by retailers too, they stock it but they refuse to push it in any way or have any good deals on it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

The price issue isn't a long term concern, as Sony is going to find some ways to get the price down, probably some time late in 2010- mabey Nov/Dec when the 32nm chips finally migrate down to smaller devices like these handhelds.

A bigger issue imho, is what Sony needs to keep the PSPgo alive so that it can get to that point. What is Sony doing to secure developer support so that the PSPgo will still get PSN games made for it? I'm not sure if the same games are offered or able to be accessed through the regular PSP or not, but if not, then Sony will have to pony up and money hat its developers.

Could somebody tell me that the PSN is the same for the PSPgo, and that the same stuff can be downloaded?

supercat said:
The price issue isn't a long term concern, as Sony is going to find some ways to get the price down, probably some time late in 2010- mabey Nov/Dec when the 32nm chips finally migrate down to smaller devices like these handhelds.

A bigger issue imho, is what Sony needs to keep the PSPgo alive so that it can get to that point. What is Sony doing to secure developer support so that the PSPgo will still get PSN games made for it? I'm not sure if the same games are offered or able to be accessed through the regular PSP or not, but if not, then Sony will have to pony up and money hat its developers.

Could somebody tell me that the PSN is the same for the PSPgo, and that the same stuff can be downloaded?

Yeah its the same PSN, the 2 PSP act exactly the same. Its just that the PSPgo cannot read a UMD disc.

Even though I didn't get a PSP-GO, i've already converted (re-bought) all the UMD games I had with the PSN version (where possible anyway). Until buying a PSP-GO is only marginally more expensive than buying the PSP-3k + 16gig sony card there is no reason to buy the PSP-GO.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

The PSP platform needed a boost to meet Sony's expectations. If the PSP Go wasn't supposed to give a boost then what was? Sony's last estimate was 15 million PSP shipped for the fiscal year. There is no way they are going to be anywhere close to that amount. Clearly they though the PSP would be selling better.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

It was impossible for the PSP-Go to flop. It doesn't take much money to reduce a chipset, honestly. That's probably all it cost Sony, really. Digital downloads spurred by the device make like 2x normal revenue, since cost-of-goods and retail cuts are missing from the equation, and we don't even see those numbers reported here on VGC -- just "100K FF7 sold in first month" and random other quips. For all we know, the PSP-Go has an unbelievable attach rate, and each of those software units rakes in a load more money than a UMD unit does.

I'm sure Sony hoped it would be the next big thing, but the retail demand for a high price stunted that somewhat, I think.

Honestly I think that calling something a "flop" requires some risk involved. I don't really think there was much risk associated with the Go.

kunaixhaku said:
it hasn't flopped sony knows what they r doin....and it is prob overperformin accordin to their expectations. If they really wanted to push psp go they would've and sony wouldn't promote more psp 3000 bundles...it's all good in the neghbourhood

lol

Sure, little buddy.

It's incredible how dillusional some people are. If you don't think the PSP Go is a flop, I simply don't think logic is anything for you.

N.Genckel said:
kunaixhaku said:
it hasn't flopped sony knows what they r doin....and it is prob overperformin accordin to their expectations. If they really wanted to push psp go they would've and sony wouldn't promote more psp 3000 bundles...it's all good in the neghbourhood

lol

Sure, little buddy.

i guess you didn't see the results where sony stated the psp go is selling more than they expected which means they already knew it was gna sell less?? technically for them it's not a flop....

psp go had a pretty big presence at E3 from Sony

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

kunaixhaku said:
N.Genckel said:
kunaixhaku said:

lol

Sure, little buddy.

i guess you didn't see the results where sony stated the psp go is selling more than they expected which means they already knew it was gna sell less?? technically for them it's not a flop....

Oh! So Sony said it's not a flop!? Guess that's the truth then!

There has got to be a limit to how gullible you can be, fanboy or not.