By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Recent Gaming Dissapointments.

That's your opinion. But I find the Wii is doing great with games. I've almost matched my GC game amount in less than a year.

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed jumped from around 97.5% on Game Rankings to around 81% for the Xbox 360. If that's not a slap in the face, than I don't know what is.

I was looking forward to Lair. went round my mates house to play it the day he bought it, and he took it back next day. Just unplayable due to framerate and aiming. We couldnt lock on hardly anything we wanted to.

mike_intellivision said:
Until this discussion, I have not heard anyone say, "Wait til X comes out to save the Wii" while that has been the common refrain for the PS3.

However, I will say that the Wii is not for everyone. If you like FPS or sports, it is not the console for you. If you like minigame collections, it is without peer.

Also, another thing to remember is that it appears to me that some reviewers don't know how to handle a Wii game because of a prefernece for eye candy.

Please don't take this as a "dish" on the other two systems -- since I don't own them I cannot really comment on them. The 360 looks to be a great system if it doesn not fail. And once Sony decides on what the PS3 is going to be, it might be good too (though the apparent abandonment of BC upsets me).

Mike from Morgantown

The bolded makes absolutely no sense. Just because it hasn't had many good titles come out yet means absolutely nothing. On the sports side, Madden '07 Wii is considered by many as the most fun of all '07 iterations. Wii Sports has countless people buying Wii systems. The Bigs wasn't a great title, but many people loved the Wii version. On the FPS side, nobody that's even taken the time to try Metroid Prime 3 will disagree that it has amazing controls. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is gaining attention fast. Both have had countless reviewers say that their controls only pale in comparison to PC FPS, and IGN even said that MoH:H2 is only slightly worse than PC. Considering that and the fact that the Wii hasn't been taken completely advantage of yet, I'd say your statement couldn't be more foolish.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast is lame, same as Boogie.

Around the Network

This just in: Consoles in their first year have crappy games. SIMPLY ABSURD!

Don't mind me, I'm just mad because my 360 bricked tonight. >:(

cAPSLOCK said:
This just in: Consoles in their first year have crappy games. SIMPLY ABSURD!

Don't mind me, I'm just mad because my 360 bricked tonight. >:(

No offense, but who buys a 360 and doesn't expect that to happen without completely fooling themselves? 

SW-5120-1900-6153

People who think that people are lying about the 30% failure rate.

Assassin's Creed is a considerable let down after all that hype. But unlike Lair, Assassin's Creed is still a solid game and fun to play, its at least worth renting if not buying on faith alone.

The game will probably sell very well despite this recent upset. The only downside to that is many hardcore gamers might become jaded to the hype of new IPs. Unless we assume your average hardcore gamer will like any hardcore game that is hyped regardless (trust me I know quite a few).

Okay, let me elaborate, this is my 3rd brick in 9 months.

I imagine once year 1 is over and the other 2 systems start getting games the 360 bricking like crazy is going to cause some backlash. Especially since MS isn't all that kind and loving over the whole thing.

Once the Wii and PS3 get a healthy stock of really good games I'm going to sell my 360 and just buy a PS3. At least I know it won't brick on me every few months.

I'm not sure how accurate 30% is. Out of the 5 xboxs within my circle of friends 3 of them have bricked, 1 has been around for about 1 month, and 1 is one of those immortal launch 360s. The only other multiple brick has been my neighbor, he's on his 3rd and I'll be on my 4th now.