By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Manga Discussion Thread

Soriku said:
Mr Khan said:
Soriku said:

I bet they'll make fillers, but IDK I don't think 4 weeks of no OP is gonna make them go crazy with fillers if they're going like 1 chapter (or 1.5) = 1 episode or something. Isn't the manga pretty far ahead still?

Anime's largely at the beginning of Marineford (the actual fighting anyway) so they've got a good bit, but not as much as to be safe.

It's not the 4-week break that opens it up, i just imagine they're getting a bit close for a producer's comfort in general, but it's the 2-year time skip that gives them an opportunity to inject a lot of filler that would at least halfway make sense (and not resort to what Bleach did, and that random-ass filler arc that they put right in the middle of the Hueco Mundo fight)

With the timeskip and the stuff that's going to be going on right now I'm not sure what they could possibly think of after Marineford and the Sabo flashback and then the timeskip to make it seem fine. To me it wouldn't really make much sense to make a random filler. If possible I wouldn't mind any fillers showing stuff all the characters have to do to improve sinc eI'm not sure that'll happen in the manga (or if it does, not that long).

They'd likely be non-Luffy focused, but i imagine you could get a bit out of whatever Zoro does (as he certainly won't just be staying in the same place to train). Robin has something with the Revolutionaries, and Brook has to break free from his current imprisonment. Could get a clean half a year of filler off those three, none of which are likely to be explained in detail

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

So there's a good reason to take a 4-week break for the first time in 12 years... (though only a week of that was actual break according to legend)

I may very well run a hype thread for the One Piece relaunch, unless someone else is interested...

HOLY FU*KING SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Ichigo's Final Getsuga Tenshou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Khan said:

I may very well run a hype thread for the One Piece relaunch, unless someone else is interested...

You should take over it, since it will probably get noticed way alot more!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Naruto Chapter 510 is out

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/81065970/1

Enjoy :)

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Wait so the final Getsuga Tenshou isn't some laser beam thingy? Cool. I hope this makes fights with Ichigo more interesting since all Ichigo does is use normal sword slashes and then spams Getsuga Tenshou, nothing interesting. The only one who can get away with that is Kenpachi. He doesn't have any cool powers like Kyouraku or other captains...

Kyouraku's power was a little out there for my tastes. For Bleach's flaws (and there are many), one thing i have enjoyed about it is that it generally has a more consistent (and interesting) mythos than the others of the big three (whereas One Piece and Naruto just spawn plot hax for deus ex machina quite a bit, Bleach plays by its own rules pretty consistently), but Kyouraku's made no sense however you sliced it.

So has anyone read Lone Wolf and Cub?

I've only read about fifteen volumes but I think it's arguably the best manga I've ever come across, and I've read a decent chunk in my time

Does anyone here read Beelzebub? That is one of my favorite mangas. The latest arc in it just ended and it was awesome and very funny. An anime adaptation of it is going to start airing on January 2011. I can't wait for it.

Naruto, Bleach and Fairy tail were kinda meh this week, hope bakuman doesn't disappoint. No one piece chapter this week?!

Packie said:

Naruto, Bleach and Fairy tail were kinda meh this week, hope bakuman doesn't disappoint. No one piece chapter this week?!

None until the end of the month.

But then....

(drools)