By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The New Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Thread (Possible Spoilers)

gamingdevil said:
Cadence, i haven't played any FE games before but i really wanna buy this one... will i be able to understand the story or do i need to play the earlier games too?

Nope, this game has enough backstory to back up everything you need to understand so far. If not, just read the Path of Radiance script on GameFAQs.

Around the Network
gamingdevil said:
Cadence, i haven't played any FE games before but i really wanna buy this one... will i be able to understand the story or do i need to play the earlier games too?

Fire Emblem (10) : Radiant Dawn (Wii) takes place 3 years after Fire Emblem (9) : Path of Radiance (Gamecube).  While the story supposedly works fine as a stand-alone for the sequel, playing the gamecube version first to see the characters and story would give RD's story and characters much more meaning. 

Personally I'd say shell out the $15 or so for PoR and play that first, I think it's worth it, and would make RD a more enjoyable game to play thereafter. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Hmm How long is the first game?
I'm getting interested as Strategy is my strong side but then I want to play the GC version first

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Path of Radience is going to take you about 40-50 hrs.
It's a great game and if you can find the time I'd play it before Radiant Dawn just because it's a great game.

I want Fire Emblem X now (in Europe, that is).

Unlike what the 1Up review says, all of support talks in FE9 are not nonsensical, as for example, you learn more about why Soren acts like it does and what happened to him, when you get A support between him and Ike.
There's a strange relationship between Boyd and Mist too.

As for what you get from FE9 save, just look there : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tiara/fe10/transfer.html
Keep in mind too, that if you had A support between Ike-Soren, and Boyd-Mist (I just happen to have both on my last Hard mode clear file), you get big twists in FE10. Nothing like nonsensical talks, but more like big revelations on some characters past.

I don't know when the european version comes, but I'm already resisting the urge to go play back another round of FE9. As levels are harder to get in Hard mode, I bet I don't have all that many characters that reached the 20th level promoted. On the other hand, you get the headband (IIRC) in Hard mode, which helps you enhance (and max) your stats, especially in fixed stats leveling mode.

Around the Network

I'll be getting it for my kids (and me of course :) ) soon, but we won't be opening it up till christmas. :(

I got the game and I am playing on normal. I it took me 5 tries to beat the prologue, 6 for chapter 1 and I am still on chapter 2. If I restart using easy will I miss anything?

This is my signature.

Fire Emblem is awesome. I'm on normal as well...Chapter 6 I got smoked at the prison yard like I don't know how many times, but after that you start to get some really strong chars and makes things alot easier...so far. This is the game of the year that I have been waiting for. I'm gonna love Galaxy, but this is my GOTY.

if you're new to tactics gameplay, you should definitely play on easiest mode first. once you're used to how the game works, then you can advance to harder mode.

For me, when a game that takes time to learn all its tricks. I'd play on easy mode and would restart in harder mode once I pick up the ins-and-outs.

I really liked this game, I've beaten it on all difficult level.