By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RRoD, My Old Friend...

So I just got Left 4 Dead 2 as an early Christmas present, and was psyched to begin playing as I loved the first game.  I heat up some cold pizza, slap in some fresh batteries in my controller, pop the game in, and am greeted with the Xbox equivalent of the grim reaper.

I'm now quite pissed, because I believe I'll be getting a few more 360 games for Christmas, and I likely won't be able to play them.  I tried the towel trick, it seemed to work, the system powered on long enough to crash as it tried to load the game.

So now I'll be calling Microsoft for a coffin for the second time, the first being November 2007.  Hopefully I get it back before I go back to school -_-

Anyone know if my warranty would have gotten extended after the first one?  Cuz since I originally bought the system in 2005, I'd be kinda screwed if not.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

You honestly couldn't have picked a worse time to get the RRoD
If its out of warranty will you be buying a new one?

That sucks man. Next time you may want to add a fan on the side of your XBOX360. My understanding is the RROD is mainly a heat issue.

i say, time to get an elite

ils411 said:

I hardly download anything from Live, and installing games isn't that important to me.

If I'm forced to buy another, I'll get an Arcade and simply keep my current drive.

Cuz as a university student, I can afford to just spend $200 on a whim... *sigh*

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

the elite doesn't get a RROD as much as the arcade, the arcade is microsoft's answer to cheap crap , so get an elite!!!!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

That sucks.

Take my love, take my land..

:-O

The worst possible time indeed. I think I would have to quit gaming if mine RROD'ed right as I'm about to get fallout 3 GOTY, asscreed 2 and others.

I am so sorry for you. DAMN YOU RROD!!! STOP BEING SUCH AN ASSHOLE!!!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

That just sucks.
My newphew is getting a 360 for Christmas. I told my sister (his mom) to get an Elite with a Jasper chip set.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

thekitchensink said:
ils411 said:

I hardly download anything from Live, and installing games isn't that important to me.

If I'm forced to buy another, I'll get an Arcade and simply keep my current drive.

Cuz as a university student, I can afford to just spend $200 on a whim... *sigh*

well, actually i was more on  the elite is just better looking than the arcade :P the arcade looks ugly while the elite looks nice.