By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First use of the Weather channel in a Wii game

This can be easily manipulated by change your regional settings/localions/etc

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

This kind of thinking looks like a hammer in the search of a nail. Just because they can do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It might be "neat" to look at for a few minutes, though...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The environment is one of the most important and encompassing aspects of a game and its adaptability with real time weather, while a novelty, is a neat aspect that I think few would find to be ineffectively implemented.

ArtofAngels said:
That is really really really damn cool man, shame I will never see snow in Nights then, doesn't snow here on the Sunshine Coast.

Shame you can't ever change your location or anything, right?

SW-5120-1900-6153

lol, i wonder if reviews for the game will take this into account. 9.0 in florida cause the weather can change hourly and 7.0 in california where everday is sunny, beautiful, and monotonous. xD

Around the Network

That means Arizonans will never get to see snow and hardly ever get to see rain in the game...

Funny, as I own a Japanese WII, I can set any city I want... wether its in Hokkaido or Nagano where it snows in the Winter or Okinawa where its warm and sunny or Tokyo, in between. Same for America in where you have major different weather types spread out over the country. No matter if you live in California, if you will set a state or city in where it snows in the Winter, you can still see snow in Nights ;)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

No if only it was real time weather it could somehow be a more interesting feature than random weather changes.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

That's a really cool feature. I hope they use this a lot more frequently.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

It will be fun with the floods in my city :)