By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EUROGAMER SMG Review: "Super Mario Galaxy is an embarrassment"

10/10

Super Mario Galaxy is an embarrassment. It's an embarrassment for platform games. It's an embarrassment for adventure games. It's an embarrassment for Nintendo and an embarrassment for the Wii. What have we all been playing at in the ten years since Super Mario 64 came out? This is what gaming ought to be like.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=86873&page=1

Around the Network

It's ok everyone, you can drop the torches and pitch forks.

LOL, nice title :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

"but the level names tell you all - there's the dusty and the gusty, the freezeflame and the flipswich. You'll drip drop to a sling pod, hurry scurry to a sweet sweet, loopdeloop to a deep, dark, melty molten space junk toy time. It's a whole new language of impossible, unstoppable delights."

LOL

Edit: While I was reading this my "mind voice" changed from my own into that of Bill Cosby's.  And it fit perfectly.

Awesome. You win for this one. I can't wait to see if anyone posts before reading it.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
It's ok everyone, you can drop the torches and pitch forks.

I think you give the NDF too much credit.  There will still be some moron coming in here who doesn't read the score or the quote (or just doesn't get it) and he/she will make an ass of him/her self.

I would almost put money on it.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

It's current average review score now makes it the best game in existence, just hope no moron gives it an 8/10 for no reason.

ArtofAngels said:
It's current average review score now makes it the best game in existence, just hope no moron gives it an 8/10 for no reason.

Shhh, Gamespot will hear you :)

BTW, nice title.

The Eurogamer score hasn't been counted in the average yet, but that's really impressive from them. Eurogamer is a harsh reviewer (averages 7.2% below GR average) and they rarely give out 10s. I still think it's odd to see a reviewer complain about things and then give a 10, but I guess it's something I'm going to have to learn to accept, because every reviewer does it...

Love the sarcasm. Game of the year! No wait: Game of all time... correction: Game of all time so far!