By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN.com Reviews Bayonetta - MAJOR Score Difference!

Dno said:
BMaker11 said:
CommonMan said:
thismeintiel said:
Cypher1980 said:
This is getting silly......

I am starting to think that the LAZY DEVS argument just doesnt hold water any more.

It seems that unless the game is designed ground up with the PS3 in mind then its going to run better on the 360.

After 3 years this should not be the case

Im starting to think that the original argument that the Cell was good at everything so long as its not videogames may be true.

Pour shame.

How can the lazy dev argument no longer hold water, or the Cell be horrible for gaming?  Have you missed all the great exclusives for PS3 recently?  Are all the multi-plats that have recently had little to no difference in quality between 360 and PS3?  Of course, it's because of lazy developers.  Just like if there's an exclusive or even multi-plat that is bad on 360, as well.  Is that the 360's fault?  Hardly.  Lazy developer syndrome again.  Heck if you look at some of Sega's personal efforts as of late, it should be come as little surprise. 

I just hope that the rumors of Sony helping out on this one are true, and we get a patch that improves things.  Having said that, though, I didn't really notice a problem with the demo.  Seemed to run smoothly in battle, and noticed very little load time when pausing.  Who knows, it might just be IGN making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I do think that Sony needs to take a little bit of heat for making a system that runs off of a processer that may be a little too complex. It's not even necessarily that every developer is lazy. What they do have is a limited amount of assets to work with, and may have gone too high just making the game on the lead platfrom (which, when you think about it, it's always first done on a PC), then they have to use a skeleton crew working on a skeleton budget to port it, and can't afford to hire out Naughty Dog who knows how to use the processor. I don't think that "lazy developers" are as common as fanboys would like to think.

For companies to only have "limited assets/resources" everytime it comes to PS3 development.....they sure have put out a lot of PS3 games this generation.

I mean, if these companies were so crippled by "limited assets", why would Valkyria Chronicles be exclusive? Why was The Club equal on both platforms? Why is Yakuza 3, Kenzan, and 4 exclusive to PS3? Resonance of Fate? AvP? Alpha Protocol? Hell, the first game they made for this generation of consoles was Virtua Fighter 5, and that was PS3 exclusive at the time of release. If Sega was so broke, and their assets are so limited....why are they even making PS3 games???!!!!

/sarcasm

damn good post...owned

Boy do I feel dumb after this.

/sarcasm

Around the Network

Lazy effort = No sale. Enjoy the game 360 owners.

themanwithnoname said:
twesterm said:
themanwithnoname said:
Everyone calling the difference in scores crap needs to shut up, play both versions, and then they might have an opinion worth listening to.

So are you saying it's pointless to look at reviews then?

Why should I spend the money to play both versions rather than just read the words of the reviewer that has played both versions?  It's obvious that one is better than the other, that's all this is about. 

I agree that arguing between a 0.1-0.3 difference isn't worthwhile, but this is a 1.3 point different which is significant enough to worry.

No, I am saying the opposite. The reviewer has spent much more time with both versions of the game than anyone here has and yet some people are calling foul without playing both versions. I'll trust a reviewer (who interestingly enough is on IGN's PS3 team) over anybody here who hasn't played the game yet.

Ah, heh, thought you were saying the opposite.  >_>

BMaker11 said:
CommonMan said:
thismeintiel said:
Cypher1980 said:
This is getting silly......

I am starting to think that the LAZY DEVS argument just doesnt hold water any more.

It seems that unless the game is designed ground up with the PS3 in mind then its going to run better on the 360.

After 3 years this should not be the case

Im starting to think that the original argument that the Cell was good at everything so long as its not videogames may be true.

Pour shame.

How can the lazy dev argument no longer hold water, or the Cell be horrible for gaming?  Have you missed all the great exclusives for PS3 recently?  Are all the multi-plats that have recently had little to no difference in quality between 360 and PS3?  Of course, it's because of lazy developers.  Just like if there's an exclusive or even multi-plat that is bad on 360, as well.  Is that the 360's fault?  Hardly.  Lazy developer syndrome again.  Heck if you look at some of Sega's personal efforts as of late, it should be come as little surprise. 

I just hope that the rumors of Sony helping out on this one are true, and we get a patch that improves things.  Having said that, though, I didn't really notice a problem with the demo.  Seemed to run smoothly in battle, and noticed very little load time when pausing.  Who knows, it might just be IGN making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I do think that Sony needs to take a little bit of heat for making a system that runs off of a processer that may be a little too complex. It's not even necessarily that every developer is lazy. What they do have is a limited amount of assets to work with, and may have gone too high just making the game on the lead platfrom (which, when you think about it, it's always first done on a PC), then they have to use a skeleton crew working on a skeleton budget to port it, and can't afford to hire out Naughty Dog who knows how to use the processor. I don't think that "lazy developers" are as common as fanboys would like to think.

For companies to only have "limited assets/resources" everytime it comes to PS3 development.....they sure have put out a lot of PS3 games this generation.

I mean, if these companies were so crippled by "limited assets", why would Valkyria Chronicles be exclusive? Why was The Club equal on both platforms? Why is Yakuza 3, Kenzan, and 4 exclusive to PS3? Resonance of Fate? AvP? Alpha Protocol? Hell, the first game they made for this generation of consoles was Virtua Fighter 5, and that was PS3 exclusive at the time of release. If Sega was so broke, and their assets are so limited....why are they even making PS3 games???!!!!

/sarcasm

So what you're saying is that there could never be an alternate reason for an unequal port, that the only reason is that the devs are "lazy"? Money could never have anything to do with it, nor could dev time or time that personnel are available? Do you have a counter argument or are you just "owning" me as Dno said?

I am totally perplexed at this, I mean come on people this is a company that decided to make a game on two different platforms so to say that the game is worse on the ps3 because it has a far more complicated architecture is total Bull crap, for one they decided themselves in order to expand the market in which they could sell their game to make it multiplat and it is totally understandable, but let’s face they are two independent consoles so obviously a bigger investment will have to be made in order to release on both systems.

Now to have made such a bad port that Sony had to send in their own devs to fix the issues is totally humiliating and to me kind of ruins the company’s image.

I haven’t really been following this game much but didn’t it come out first for the ps3 in Japan?

And if yes, how can you even release a unpolished game.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
perpride said:
twesterm said:
JerCotter7 said:
twesterm said:
JerCotter7 said:
"absolutely avoid the PS3 copy"

But the PS3 version got 8.2? 8.2 isn't something that I would avoid.

CONTEXT

Absolutely avoid the PS3 copy *if you have an Xbox 360*.

Jesus, learn to read or at least retain information.

Either way it's not enough to avoid it. Surprising you aren't praising the review for the PS3 game getting less since every one of your posts I have happened to come across the last few days has been anti-Sony. 

1. Yes it is *if you own a 360.  It's not one is marginally better, it's one is majorly better.  The review says if you own both, get the 360, not that the PS3 version is bad or should be avoided if you only own a PS3.  Again, learn to actually read.
  2. Really?  What, you mean me not liking the SIXAXIS?  That really doesn't have anything to do with Sony, just me thinking the SIXAXIS is pretty worthless.  Or is it just me saying I would have the 360 version of FFXIII because that's somehow anti-Sony?

Are you seriousley buying the 360 version of FFXIII?

Assuming:

1. the differences are marginal
  2. I'm getting the game

Either way, I'm waiting for reviews before I actually make a decision. 

I don't really know people find it so surprising that people actually want the 360 version.  I don't have 7.1 audio and multiple discs is a non-issue for me.  Assuming every other difference is marginal at best (which no amount of talking here will change until reviews start to pour in) it comes down to controller and console preference.

I like the 360 controller better and I just personally like the 360 better even if my PS3 didn't currently have the problem where it only allows BlueTooth devices to connect about half the time.

As for on topic, I wasn't too interested in this game, but after reading the review I think I'll actually pick it up.

15 Gigs is a big enough difference to make my mind up, even if the difference it creates is marginal. I don't have 7.1 audio either, but I can't say for sure that I never will. Also, no matter what way I look at it, the 360 version will be a port of the PS3 version. I'd rather get my hands on the version they spent years making.

As far as the controller and console preference goes, since you like the 360 controller, it makes sense why you would want that one.

perpride said:

15 Gigs is a big enough difference to make my mind up, even if the difference it creates is marginal. I don't have 7.1 audio either, but I can't say for sure that I never will. Also, no matter what way I look at it, the 360 version will be a port of the PS3 version. I'd rather get my hands on the version they spent years making.

As far as the controller and console preference goes, since you like the 360 controller, it makes sense why you would want that one.

For the 15gigs thing, go here.

Long story short-- that 15 gigs is likely audio and duplicate data to speed up search time if it is even that much of a difference in size.

Good thing I own all the system's! Though it's a bit silly they're not able to make it equal on both platforms.

twesterm said:
perpride said:

For the 15gigs thing, go here.

Long story short-- that 15 gigs is likely audio and duplicate data to speed up search time if it is even that much of a difference in size.

I guess you don't care for that then?

The game sounds incredible but as a PS3 owner Im not paying the developers any of my hard earned money as a matter of principle.

The product is sub-par and by voting with their wallet people are only going to encourage this practice on the part of developers.

Ill get it second hand in a few months or wait for any competent remix down the line.