By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should i get a PS3 or X360? (Wii owner)

The solution is simple. Find 2 friends. One with a PS3 and one with a 360. Spend a weekend at each friends house and play the crap out of each system. Whichever system that you have more fun with, get. It's all about games and everyone is different.

Having worked in sales for many years in my life there is one universal truth: features tell customers, but benefits sell them. What is the benefit of having a Blu-Ray player someone doesn't care about it or doesn't have an HDTV? What is the benefit of having games that someone isn't interested in? What is the benefit of even getting into a format war? You can spout these features all day between the 360 and the PS3, but it doesn't matter to anyone unless they see the benefit in having it. What you perceive as value may not be what someone else perceives as value.

Obviously the TC has interest in 360 games. That would most likely mean he's leaning towards the 360. To try to dissuade someone to get something they would most likely enjoy better just because you want them to get the competition because of personal reasons is pathetic. It really begs the question: What's in it for you? Honestly.

Around the Network
zackblue said:
You will be missing alot if you dont get a ps3.

Dont listen to monatana he has a 360 only therefore he is somewhat of a fanboy(sorry its true)

Ratchet and clank is amazing you wont be able to play that

Haze as well

I would get the ps3. Why? Becuase I am the only one on the site that has all 3 and trust me get a ps3.

I agree with zackblue. To me it seems the PS3 has a brighter future than the 360 in terms of software because 3rd party devs are gradually showing Sony love while Sony's 1st and 2nd parties are pumping solid titles here and there as recently shown with Folklore and Ratchet & Clank. 

Besides, Sony's 08 lineup looks unstopable. So you might as well get a console that's future proof, rather than spend over threehundred and something dollars for something that's only worth 2007's lineup.  

I'm a 360 fanboy?

Interesting...

MontanaHatchet said:
I'm a 360 fanboy?

Interesting...

No, I didn't agree to the fanboy accusation. lol The other part. 

I have both consoles. I'm playing the PS3 more. Although I'm a minority, it already has more games I enjoy than the 360 or the Wii. I'm not interested in FPS games, so that takes alot of games from the 360 list. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword, R&C: FTOD, and later this month - Uncharted is coming out.

White Knight Story is my most wanted game this generation, and FF 13 is probably up there too. If I had to choose, I'd keep the PS3.

If you are a console FPS fan, get the 360. If not, get the PS3.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Sweet. Thanks everyone for their input. I think i might go with getting a 360 now and a PS3 later after a few big releases and price drops. I know the 40GB is out now for cheaper but i would rather the PS2 backward compatibility which you don't get with the 40GB machine.

HD or BlueRay doesn't really bother me. My TV only outputs to 1080i so yeah.

Cheers

ok get a ps

. this is because they are a better deal and games are starting to look better on ps3. first off 40gb ps3 is $400 and 20gb 360 is 350. ps3 has free online so if you buy live for a year it the same as a ps3. + with the ps3 you get that extra 20gb and bluray. games are starting to look better on ps3 like COD4. also theirs gameslike killzone and final fantasy coming out so you dont wanna miss thoses 

Resistance owns!!!!!111 one!