By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Loads of new charts added!!

I missed the aligned launch charts. Thanks ioi!

Around the Network

@ioi : Alright, that's fine, but maybe you should write it somewhere so that we know exactly which timeframe is concerned.

Well i mean maybe you should write that the games listed here are only the games which have made the top200 since nov. 2004... If your list is not exhaustive, you have to specify at least what is included in it. If you don't, the totals chart doesn't make much sense, and moreover it may be misinterpreted.

You can't make a chart without enough criterias to make it exhaustive. If the list is not exhaustive in a way, then the chart itself is not saying much than the sales data of each game. I mean if it's only meant to check the sales of a game, the simplest thing is to check the game in the games database, there's no need of a chart.
If you want to make it useful, you could for example restrict the totals chart to the current gen (DS PSP WII 360 PS3), since I guess the games list for these consoles is exhaustive

ioi said:
- Hardware is on those charts
- The totals at the bottom of the "total" charts are fairly meaninless really - do you really want them adding back in?
- I'm not being anyone's dad at this moment in time.

Cheers

ioi

Indeed I really want them back in. I like to compare the total number of software sold across consoles and if the total numbers sin't at the bottom I have to add the top 50 up on my own...just easier with the totals there. If it's too much trouble or something then forget it but it'd be nice to have.

Around the Network
ioi said:
- Hardware is on those charts
- The totals at the bottom of the "total" charts are fairly meaninless really - do you really want them adding back in?
- I'm not being anyone's dad at this moment in time.

Cheers

ioi

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wait...

I'll just use Metal Gear Solid 4 logic!

Remember, he said "at this moment in time", it could still happen!!!

NOOOOO SNAKE, SSSSSSSSSNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ioi - Hardware is on those charts

I was thinking of something more like this

http://kotaku.com/gaming/fisher-price%7C-my-first-npds/the-september-npd-numbers-in-pictures-314313.php

All the new stuff is great ioi.

Is the million selling software tab blank at the moment because you are changing it to a different format, or is it just going to be the same?

Also what's happening with hardware shipments page...ie when it's updated what will the Sony figures show now that they have messed things up with the initial "5.5 million"

I'd like a simple "NOT" checkbox in front of Publisher. That way you could easily see third party sales.

Also, it would be nice to be able to choose multiple consoles. An easy way to do it (at least interface wise) would be to include two or three new options for "Console"; "PS3, Wii, X360" and "DS, PSP"...or something similar.