By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's better on the PS3 - Gloss finish or Matte finish?

What's better on the PS3 - Gloss finish or Matte finish?

Matte 57 35.85%

Gloss 102 64.15%

Total:159

The new Matte finish on the PS3 Slim eliminates the finger prints and dust that the Gloss finish had but does it look better?

Around the Network

It's a mixed bag I'd say.

For just looks alone, the gloss finish looks really slick. However, it really brings out the finger prints, dust and scratches which really stinks.

matte is wayy better. for the controllers it doesnt show all the anoying finger prints which are supper ugly

Hmm, well I've got a 60GB fatty, and I'm not planning on replacing it anytime soon, maybe in a few years, lol, but I think it DOES look nice, except I've got a dirty scratch down the middle of it, which sucks to be honest, but aside from that, it still looks nice, but I do like the Matte too, I mean, at first I didn't like the PS3 Slim at all, and how the logo is on the right and not in the center, but now it's sort of growing on me, heck, if it had 4 USB ports and a card reader, I'd buy one straight away, I mean, I don't use BC for much anyways (Mainly FFX), and I can always dig out my PS2 from somewhere...

So it's sort of a tie for me, lol.

I love my shiny fat ps3, though I don't like how easily fingerprints show in it. :(

Around the Network

Even though I have a fat PS3 with gloss I wish it was matte.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

hmm it depends on the model, I prefer Phat Matt () Phat Gloss > Slim Gloss/Matt.

Either of them is better than the glossy finish of a greasy matte PS3 and better than the matte finish of a dusty glossy PS3.
:-S

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

I like that Matte better. It make the system looks durable and cleaner.

I'm just saying...

The Gloss finish looks better, a Slim with a gloss finish would be almost perfect. I just hate the dust, smudges and fingerprints.