By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony secretly raises PS3 repair costs...

Has this happened to anyone? How much have you been charged to repair your PS3? Please discuss below. 

I hope my PS3 doesn't die any time soon.

http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3/sony-secretly-raises-playstation-3-repair-fee-on-launch-consoles/ 

Around the Network

This will result in an increase in PS3 Slim sales. Why get it repaired, you can now buy a new PS3 Slim for $299.
"Apparently they used to charge a flat $150 service fee, which has now been quietly increased to $179".

$29 increase in PS3 repair fee.
$100 decrease in new PS3 purchase price.

why is this "secretly" ?

did they expect sony to have an ad campaign for it?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Well, you'd think they would email of announce it on PSN or something.. or in some statement sent via mail to their customers.

Porcupine_I said:
why is this "secretly" ?

Lol yea and MS can advertise RROD.

Around the Network

FUD

That's ridiculously expensive, I hope my 40 GB will continue to be reliable.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Well, no campaign, but they could have said something about it in the blog.

That's expensive... but really, did anyone actually expect an announcement over this? I don't ever remember hearing an announcement over the first price, it's just word of mouth that spreads it.

Porcupine_I said:
why is this "secretly" ?

LMAO!

/thread

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.