By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A proposal for PSN Pricing for the Future: Would you buy it?

AoiRayn said:
Vetteman94 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Vetteman94 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Vetteman94 said:
Personally I think this is all crap. I do not like all of this talk of paid PSN subs. I really hope this does not happen.

And with enough of these requests, I'm sure they'll figure something out. The very purpose of the proposal was to see the feedback from the public.

Well I want to know why more people arent getting upset with the possibilty of this happening.   It just seems that too many people are embracing the idea.  Look,  I like Sony, but if they do this then what advantage is there between this or the 360?   What incentive do I have to keep playing my games on the PS3.  

I don't personally see what there is to be upset about. Everything that is currently free will remain that way.

Well all I see available to me currently is online gaming.  No cross game chat, no voice messaging.  What i am saying is making the other features premium features with a price is BS. And its only a matter of time before they decide to make people pay to play online.  This is where is starts.

I'm sorry but I may have no right to say this, but I will anyway..
Are you f**kin stupid?

Everything that's free right now, will REMAIN being free.
Stuff like voice chat, voice messages and perhaps cloud servers is NOT possible to provide if it's free, it takes too much bandwich, and therefore to be able to provide that for the people that wants it, they MUST add paid subscripitons..

Those that want everything free, will not be affected at all.
Those that want voice chat, online storage, and/or whatever will be included, will have to pay.

So what's there to rant about?

Yes I am stupid,  you got me.   All this time I thought I was an educated person, but thanks to someone on the internet, I no longer have to live with this lie and have been set free.

Around the Network
gurglesletch said:
I would never pay for the internet twice.

Good thing youll only be paying for content on the PSN once then.

Vetteman94 said:

Yes I am stupid,  you got me.   All this time I thought I was an educated person, but thanks to someone on the internet, I no longer have to live with this lie and have been set free.

I just don't get how you can complain when you lose nothing, and the ones wanting more can pay if they want to.
It was rational from me, so sorry bout that.

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

so $15/year buys me access to hour long demos (1/5th a game in some cases) cloud servers and a lifetime warranty? Sony would never offer those 3 features over the lower level for that little $.

Either way, I wouldn't pay anything for any of the features listed, as demos would still come out, and I'm more than patient enough to wait for them. Also, I don't even have a microphone for my PS3, so voice chat is useless.

(actually, I might pay for the last, but Sony would never offer such a great deal)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I don't understand how people can be so pro-sony yet seem completely livid over this idea. Sony has been hemorrhaging money for the past 4 years and it doesn't look to get better soon. If a subscription based service is the difference between a 10 year lifespan and a PS4 or a shorter lifespan and at worse...no PS4, wouldn't it be worth while to just pay up and get over it? I pay for live and honestly $40 a year isn't much of a thought, I waste more than that in the average month on coffee and scratcher tickets.

Around the Network

How could they dish out different tiered limitations on voice chat? What if someone with a premium account wanted to chat with 8 people, but some of them only had a free account, limiting them to three people?

Cross-game chat needs to be all in, or all out, really.

grapeape said:

I don't understand how people can be so pro-sony yet seem completely livid over this idea. Sony has been hemorrhaging money for the past 4 years and it doesn't look to get better soon. If a subscription based service is the difference between a 10 year lifespan and a PS4 or a shorter lifespan and at worse...no PS4, wouldn't it be worth while to just pay up and get over it? I pay for live and honestly $40 a year isn't much of a thought, I waste more than that in the average month on coffee and scratcher tickets.

Sony's Gaming divison, yes you are correct.  Sony as a whole, you are very wrong

Vetteman94 said:
grapeape said:

Sony's Gaming divison, yes you are correct.  Sony as a whole, you are very wrong

Really?  Sony Erricson lost money the past 2 years, the Electronics division has been down for the last 3 years dropping 17% in 2008 alone (Bravia was doing well but the camcorder, camera and PC sales were frankly awful, Sony Entertainment had a decent year in TV and Theatre revenue but it was offset by declining home video sales.  They are projecting another 1.2 billion dollar loss for this year after a 1.7 billion dollar loss in 2008.  So what division is actully in the black?

Even if all the features which are free now and will always be free according to Sony where put into this premium service I don't understand hoe charging $20 or even $35 a year is a pain for anyone. It is less than $3 a month.