By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is Rockstar making an exclusive game for the Playstation 3?

I just don't get it.  If we look at multiplatform game sales they make Playstation 3 exclusive game sales look like a joke.

Call of Duty 4 -  14-15 million
Modern Warfare 2 - already over 12 million
Grand Theft Auto 4 - 15-16 million

Compare that to the best selling Playstation 3 exclusive to date which is Metal Gear Solid 4 at 4.39 million.  So please explain to me why Rockstar is making Agent a Playstation 3 exclusive?  If I was a shareholder at Take-Two I would be furious.  At least Microsoft gave them $50 million to keep the lights on while Grand Theft Auto 4 and the episodes were being made, what the Sony do besides make things hard for them?

Around the Network

its not all about the money.

But making a new ip is a risk, maybe sony supports with funding

I would imagine that Sony is paying dearly for the rights. A good question though. I have no idea.

Someone sounds a little angry that their 360 isn't getting it...

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

From what I remember this was part of the deal between RockStar and Sony. Cause GTAIV went multiplatform. (Not knowing any details, but it was on some websites ages ago)

Around the Network
MagicalJoker said:
From what I remember this was part of the deal between RockStar and Sony. Cause GTAIV went multiplatform. (Not knowing any details, but it was on some websites ages ago)

I remember hearing something about that, Something like GTAIV going Multi-Platform and then Rockstar doing 2 exclusives for the Ps3....I don't have a link though, Sorry.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Good question. I don't know why the PS3 has any games at all, honestly.

Oh, wait! It doesn't! LOLZZZ

Sidious said:

I just don't get it.  If we look at multiplatform game sales they make Playstation 3 exclusive game sales look like a joke.

Call of Duty 4 -  14-15 million
Modern Warfare 2 - already over 12 million
Grand Theft Auto 4 - 15-16 million

Compare that to the best selling Playstation 3 exclusive to date which is Metal Gear Solid 4 at 4.39 million.  So please explain to me why Rockstar is making Agent a Playstation 3 exclusive?  If I was a shareholder at Take-Two I would be furious.  At least Microsoft gave them $50 million to keep the lights on while Grand Theft Auto 4 and the episodes were being made, what the Sony do besides make things hard for them?

We don't know the details of the agreement, and I am doubtful that it will never come to Xbox, R* basically don't make exclusives

Flamebait thread locked

They're doing it to piss you off. Looks like it was money well spent.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype