By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Very interesting NPD software market share pie chart (Xbox360> PS3+PSP+PS2)

So, 360 almost doubled PS3+Ps2+PSP market share in Nov. Microsoft with one console almost doubled Sony's three consoles.

Also, the PS2 ten year life cycle isn't going so well, 2% share. I can only imagine PS3 will be struggling to even get 2% share when it's ten years old.

And PSP is just dead.

Around the Network

Ya and if PS2 only has 2% Market share at ten what do you think Xbox360 will it have when its ten ? 40%? lol

This is a Troll post .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

He's been trolling for the last hour lol

There are no mods online. He timed his presence well. I hope he gets an IP

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Let's see. 360 hardware has a market share of 34% in the US, and PS3 has 19%. Oh look, the software sales reflect this. Amazing.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

i know it's hard for some people from the usa to grasp, but North America doesn't resemble the whole world..

Around the Network

That chart is highly skewed because of Modern Warfare 2 and doesn't provide good insight in the usual marketshares of the different platforms.

Attoyou said:
Ya and if PS2 only has 2% Market share at ten what do you think Xbox360 will it have when its ten ? 40%? lol

This is a Troll post .

Well, the 360 is in the midst of it's *5th* holiday season already...no signs of slowing down (if anything, speeding up with Natal on the way) even though many have tried to spread the FUD that MS would cut it's life short like they did original Xbox. 360 should have no succesor for at least two more years imo, meaning yes, it's market share after 10 years might very well still be pretty strong. Product cycles are lengthening, not just for 360.

And how is it trolling to point out that PS3 fans are constantly touting the ten year lifecycle, and simply pointing out even the mighty PS2 failed it? How is that not just pointing out contrary facts? And Ps3 is nowhere near as popular as PS2 was.

hatmoza said:
He's been trolling for the last hour lol

There are no mods online. He timed his presence well. I hope he gets an IP

Ooh, I'm so scared.

I only troll because the PS3 biased mods mistreated me in the first place. They asked for it.

koffieboon said:
That chart is highly skewed because of Modern Warfare 2 and doesn't provide good insight in the usual marketshares of the different platforms.

Somewhat true, especially concerning the Wii share...however PS3 has less of an excuse as MW2 also came out on Ps3...

wyvers said:
i know it's hard for some people from the usa to grasp, but North America doesn't resemble the whole world..

I know it's hard for some in Europe to grasp, but it is the largest game market in the world, and nobody said it was the whole world either, except you I guess.

Where did I say it was the whole world chart? Oh thats right, it says NPD right on there. Amazing. Maybe most Europeans cant read and have to have it explained?