By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMBWii tops MW2(PS3)! Will Reggie win his bet? Only 2M gap to beat 360...

Source

So in 4 weeks New Super Mario Bros Wii has sold over 5 million. With it selling 3x the number of units each week as Modern Warfare 2(any version), does anyone still think Reggie will be wrong?

Can't believe so many doubted.

EDIT: I am using WW vs Americas, and the bet probably should only consider America. So...

America only Source

In 4 weeks NSBMW is nearly tied with PS3 version and will definitely beat it by next week, howerver, it has a ~2.5m gap for the 360 version. It is still is selling outselling the MW2 by a significant margin and based on the legs these types of titles typically have, it should still have no issue beating MW2(360), eventually.

So, Reggie won't beat it based on America only stats. My bad. Hate it when I make these types of mistakes. Ah well, Reggie will come out in February and say it was close (probably ~1m left) and that it did beat it Worldwide.

Around the Network

If you watch the video, it's clear he's talking about the 360 version.

During the bet Geoff asks; "On 360?" and Reggie responds "I do believe so". It's also NPD data.

I'm not taking it out of context, I want Reggie to win too, but that's just how it is. He's not going to win.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
If you watch the video, it's clear he's talking about the 360 version.

During the bet Geoff asks; "On 360?" and Reggie responds "I do believe so". It's also NPD data.

I'm not taking it out of context, I want Reggie to win too, but that's just how it is. He's not going to win.

Did I say he wasn't? Read my title and post again for clarification.

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=America&game1=New+Super+Mario+Bros.+Wii+-+Wii[35076]&reg2=America&game2=Call+of+Duty%3A+Modern+Warfare+2+-+PS3[28847]&reg3=America&game3=Call+of+Duty%3A+Modern+Warfare+2+-+X360[28848]&weeks=10

Yeah....

1st) US

2nd) January NPD

3rd) the gap is 2.81 million according to NPD

Good luck Reggie you're gonna need it.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Did I say he wasn't? Read my title and post again for clarification.

Oh, sorry.

Although you didn't mention the fact that it's just USA, your chart shows Worldwide.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

AE101 is right, you have to look at the america chartz. With that graph, it doesn't look like it can do it, but it will beat the ps3 version soon.

ok, fixed OP to include America only data.

I still think a 2.8 million gap will take longer than jan 2010 to beat. Although it's sure to do it sometime in the future.

No issue? Seriously?

I'm a giant Nintendo-fanboy, and even I would bet on it not beating MW2 360 by the end of January at this point. Beating it lifetime is in the bag, though.