By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The kill-death sickness

I recently started playing Modern Warfare 2 a lot and I have become obsessed with my kill death ratio. When I first started playing I sucked so my Kd was suckish and now im trying to get past .4, I am now actually thinking of starting a new xbox live account so that I can start fresh ( Just got my xbox and really the only game I have achievments for in MW2). Basically the sickness im talking about is this bad feeling in my stomach when I get a bad ratio, so I think I should take a break when that happens :0. Anyway, does anybody else experience anything even slightly similar to this?

Around the Network

Don't play for too long at a time, it'll make you worse. Just give up on K/D and start trying to get the most kills in a match. Mines like .8 and I get top place on almost every match I played since I stopped worrying. Dare to be stupid, I got a harrier from marathon and a vector on wasteland.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

my K/D is 1.32 which isn't that great, I get so frustrated when I can't get a killstreak going of at least 5, and I get really mad when my deaths go into double digits (unless I'm shotgun noobing) I would play more but I've been busy with FFIX (AMAZING!)

Jeez, here I get pissed if my KDR is under 1.00 in a single match.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

haha i have the same thing on halo. Except its not that big of a deal but usually my K/D ration is usually around 1.5 after several thousand kills.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

I've noticed that when I'm not playing well, I will continue to do so for that gaming session. My advice to you would be to decide what kind of player you want to be. Do you want to run and gun or be more cautious and camp more. Both have their pros and cons so maybe a little of both. I think a good K/D is more important than how many kills you get so I always wish mine was higher (last time I checked it was around 1.25) but I am more obsessed with my accuracy (it fluctuates between 23%-25%). I think that a slower more cautious pace is better for a decent K/D. Learn the maps and learn what areas on the maps players gravitate towards and try to be there as much as possible. I don't camp a whole lot myself but when I do it's in areas more as opposed to just one specific spot.
As far as starting a new account, I'd wait a while if I were you because you will most likely get better than you are now and you can use your current account as practice.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

I get upset when I play a few matches and my overall K/D drops a few .01's. Was 1.6 and after the other night it slipped down to 1.56

I have an overall KDR of .97, and I'm currently obsessed with getting it up to 1. So yeah, i guess i do have the 'kill-death sickness.'

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

KingTiger in WWII had a 16-1 KDR- (don't?) try to mess with the best.

oops...wrong forum...

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

My K/D sucks...but I blame it on my ISP. On estate last night some guy runs through 9 shots from my M16 and stabs me...wtf??

Oh well, when I'm not losing packets, it can still be fun!

I did take my K/D on gears pretty seriously though, crappy ISP or not.