By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

J-Man, why won't you do fair thing to do, and also highlight the games that S.T.A.G.E mentioned in his posts that are also not released yet? ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I think it's funny that people almost only count PS3, 360 and Wii as this generation. I mean DS and PSP are also part of this generation.

And also people seem to forget why the japanese developers haven't really got around to fully support the HD consoles like the western developers do - DS and PSP (and to state the obvious; yeah, that's because they are the most popular consoles in Japan). Both the DS and PSP have a tremendous amount of great titles, and almost all of them are developed in Japan.

And just to be clear... I prefer japanese games (mostly beacuse I love JRPGs and like japanese character and art design over western), but I also love games no matter of their origin.

lestatdark said:
J-Man, why won't you do fair thing to do, and also highlight the games that S.T.A.G.E mentioned in his posts that are also not released yet? ;)

Because he made a list of games coming out next year because someone else said that "blah blah" is coming out next year and because of this "blah" japan wins..........read the post.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

OP...................

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For I am Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"

jesus kung fu magic said:
cgkc17 said:
Oh my, I sure do love a good list war!

Japan:
- MGS4
- MGS Peace Walker
- Metal Gear Solid Rising
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Bayonetta

- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Legend of Zelda Wii
- Professor Layton Series
- Resident Evil 5
- Metroid Prime 3
- Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Legend of Zleda: Spirit Tracks
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Gran Turismo 5
- White Knight Chronicles
- White Knight Chronicles 2

- Resonance of Fate
- Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Graces
- FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
- Tekken 6
- Soul Calibur 4

Japan has done pretty DAMN good this gen. Not as well as previous gens, but a lot better than many people think. Some of the highest rated games thus far this gen have come from Japan (Super Mario Galaxy, MGS4, Twilight Princess).

If the majority of your list is unreleased games(red) and subpar games(green) then we definitely have a problem with the statement that japan has made the best games this gen.

Fixed 

Final Fantasy XIII, and Bayonetta are both out in Japan and have very high reviews.

Reasonance of Faith isn't out yet, and WKC got rather average reviews  

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
cgkc17 said:

Japan:
- MGS4
- MGS Peace Walker
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Bayonetta

- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Legend of Zelda Wii
- Resident Evil 5
- Metroid Prime 3
- Gran Turismo 5

- Resonance of Fate
- Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Graces
- Tekken 6
- Soul Calibur 4

Japan has done pretty DAMN good this gen. Not as well as previous gens, but a lot better than many people think. Some of the highest rated games thus far this gen have come from Japan (Super Mario Galaxy, MGS4, Twilight Princess).

If the majority of your list is unreleased games(red) and subpar games(green) then we definitely have a problem with the statement that japan has made the best games this gen.

Fixed

Final Fantasy XIII, and Bayonetta are both out in Japan and have very high reviews.

How can something be good to you if youve never played it?

dsister44 said:
cgkc17 said:

Japan:
- MGS4
- MGS Peace Walker
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Bayonetta

- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Legend of Zelda Wii
- Resident Evil 5
- Metroid Prime 3
- Gran Turismo 5

- Resonance of Fate
- Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Graces
- Tekken 6
- Soul Calibur 4

Fixed

You're telling me that all the games that you listed as white you have played? 

And no like I said in my post I am going by reviews

lestatdark said:

Because he made a list of games coming out next year because someone else said that "blah blah" is coming out next year and because of this "blah" japan wins..........read the post.

Oh, I've read it don't worry, because if you look closely, I was having an exchange with him at that time ;) I just wanted to point out that in order to keep fairness that should be done as well, but then again, this thread was never about fairness in the first place :P 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

dsister44 said:
dsister44 said:
cgkc17 said:

Japan:
- MGS4
- MGS Peace Walker
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Bayonetta

- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Legend of Zelda Wii
- Resident Evil 5
- Metroid Prime 3
- Gran Turismo 5

- Resonance of Fate
- Tales of Vesperia
- Tales of Graces
- Tekken 6
- Soul Calibur 4

Fixed

You're telling me that all the games that you listed as white you have played?

And no like I said in my post I am going by reviews

No...games in white are games that have already been released.....wait are we talking about my white or your bolded white?

lestatdark said:
lestatdark said:

Oh, I've read it don't worry, because if you look closely, I was having an exchange with him at that time ;) I just wanted to point out that in order to keep fairness that should be done as well, but then again, this thread was never about fairness in the first place :P

Is there another list(too lazy to check)....but the recent one is definitely fair...hes listing games coming out next year...