By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

It's not arrogant, though: it's just saying that different people look for different kids of experiences. In order for that to seem "arrogant", you have to assume that people are saying that "different' means "better", which (I hope) is usually not the case.

You don't think these guys truly believe Nintendo makes better games than anyone else?

Nintendo can do wrong, there is an excuse for everything, some post here sounds like they were there in the meetings with Nintendo because it seems like they know why Nintendo does everything.

For some people I'm sure Nintendo does make games better than anyone else, because Nintendo fits to their values.

I thinkn maybe the bigger problem here is that Nintendo fans have drawn a defensive line in the sand that's very, very hard to breach.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:

It's not arrogant, though: it's just saying that different people look for different kids of experiences. In order for that to seem "arrogant", you have to assume that people are saying that "different' means "better", which (I hope) is usually not the case.

You don't think these guys truly believe Nintendo makes better games than anyone else?

Nintendo can do wrong, there is an excuse for everything, some post here sounds like they were there in the meetings with Nintendo because it seems like they know why Nintendo does everything.

For some people I'm sure Nintendo does make games better than anyone else, because Nintendo fits to their values.

I thinkn maybe the bigger problem here is that Nintendo fans have drawn a defensive line in the sand that's very, very hard to breach.

which means they are not as different as they think they are.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

Would there be a problem with thinking that...? I don't see what would be wrong with viewing some game producers as 'better' than others, whether by personal preference ("I like Naughty Dog because they make my kind of games") or by more objective measures such as financial success or generating more/loyal customers.

Would you have a problem with someone saying "Blizzard makes better games than Data Design?"

Much of what Nintendo does business-wise is outlined publicly, they discuss their strategies and at least some of their attitudes to game design in public (Iwata's Asks). They surprise us now and then, but if you take an interest in it it's not difficult to know why Nintendo makes certain decisions.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

That's not really true, nor is it really relevant - the point being that the difference in their tastes is legitimate.

I still can't get over how they could think insulting their listeners was a good idea - trolling for hits or no. That's just not very smart and quite disrespectful to their readers/listeners.

This truly is the most entertaining gen ever.  I've never seen anything like this before.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:

That's not really true, nor is it really relevant - the point being that the difference in their tastes is legitimate.

what's the difference?

let me give my taste so it can be clearer,

I  like adventure games, hack and slash, and shooters, though I only play the best ones.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

wow I hate this...

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

what's the difference?

I  like adventure games, hack and slash, and shooters, though I only play the best ones.

Okay I will pretend to be the other person here.

I do not like adventure, hack and slash, or shooters.. I prefer games without any combat elements, and my favorite games are Endless Ocean and Wii Sports Resort

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:

what's the difference?

I do not like adventure, hack and slash, or shooters.. I prefer games without any combat elements, and my favorite games are Endless Ocean and Wii Sports Resort

Some of my favourate parts in Uncharted are the ones without shooting.

Sports, I own tons of sports games though they havent been the same since EA lost the MLB License.

Next Gen 

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

Some of my favourate parts in Uncharted are the ones without shooting.

Sports, I own tons of sports games though they havent been the same since EA lost the MLB License.

I doubt I'd be able to get to those parts, since I don't like the parts with shooting, and I imagine they make up a large part of the game.

I don't actually follow sports that much, I just like playing with my family.