By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

He's not even trying in his anti-Other M propaganda. Aside from totally ignoring the old-school values that the developers have professed.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

He's not even trying in his anti-Other M propaganda. Aside from totally ignoring the old-school values that the developers have professed.

If you mean the latest post, what was he supposed to write? The email stated things he already stated. Was he supposed to repeat himself again?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Khan said:

If you mean the latest post, what was he supposed to write? The email stated things he already stated. Was he supposed to repeat himself again?

Generally he's shown the tendency to repeat points across multiple articles, and at great length, yes.

Mr Khan said:

What are you talking about? It was an e-mail that sent something to him. The writer didn't like it. How is it his bad.

Also there is nothing old school about a game with an hour of cutsceens where Samus talks to her self. The first three Metroid never did this, and neither did any of the Primes. Sakamoto can call it old school, doesn't mean it is.

I like his newer posts about Blizzard. Someone should show him the existance of Liquipedia, so that he could reevaluate his stance on Teamliquid. After all, Day[9] is part of the same community as TL.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
Mr Khan said:

What are you talking about? It was an e-mail that sent something to him. The writer didn't like it. How is it his bad.

Also there is nothing old school about a game with an hour of cutsceens where Samus talks to her self. The first three Metroid never did this, and neither did any of the Primes. Sakamoto can call it old school, doesn't mean it is.

Gameplay mechanics say otherwise. Watch the (subtitled) Nintendo Channel videos. It was designed around the idea of rebuilding much of the original mechanics in a modern setting, and we still can't say much that's definitive about the cutscenes.

Mr Khan said:
Smashchu2 said:
Mr Khan said:

Gameplay mechanics say otherwise. Watch the (subtitled) Nintendo Channel videos. It was designed around the idea of rebuilding much of the original mechanics in a modern setting, and we still can't say much that's definitive about the cutscenes.

Gameplay alone isn't enough, if the game doesn't have the old school feel, it won't matter what the gameplay is like, people will be put off by the atmosphere

Also on his latest post about old school Zelda, I'm glad to see he's finally coming around to the idea of the need for a 2D zelda, hopefully after skyward sword flops Nintendo will get with the program

^What makes you think ZSS will flop?

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

Seems like yet another 3D Zelda

axt113 said:
KungKras said:

Seems like yet another 3D Zelda

And when have 3D Zelda's flopped?

I tend to follow Khuutra's line of thinking regarding Zelda sales. There are peaks and troughs, but the series generally sits within upper and lower boundaries that it will rarely (if ever?) surpass, unless drastic changes are made. To ask Skyward Sword to do better than OoT or Twilight Princess is a weighty thing.