By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo announces 2010 lineup (until like april)

Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Sold less yes, but still broke a million WW, and broke a million last week, and this week is also likely over a million, kind of defeats the idea that its a trend of decline, its stabilized, its not trending downwards, the trend was a downwards trend, that has been reversed and at worst its just stabilized at a somewhat lower level.

I should hit you on the head with my statistics book. You are extrapolating based on a single weeks data!

No, I'm extrapolating since October

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Notice anything Demotruk?

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=Wii&reg2=All&cons3=Wii&reg3=All&start=39908&end=40153

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I notice that for four weeks immediately after a price cut it was up YoY (a temporary boost, what a shock), then for four weeks it was down, then one week it was up again.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

^then you're not arguing a decline or a trend of decline, all you're saying is its down yoy, we know that, but that only means 2009 was less than 2008, that doesn't indicate that Wii is in decline as 2010 could be higher than 2009, in which case 2009 would just be a low year, nor is it a trend as a trend would require it to be continuously declining.

Xxain said:
Metallicube said:
Mostly shovelware on that list, but I can't really afford too many games right now anyway. I'll be buying Red Steel 2, Fragile, Super Monkey Ball, and maybe Endless Ocean 2.

WTF is " How to train your dragon"?

its based of How to train your dragon the movie, its  a Computer animated movie from Dreamworks

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

The decline is visible over the whole year, and that includes four weeks that correlate even at the very end of the year, those weeks all have over 10% decline, which is somewhat better than earlier in the year but still indicative of a decline.

NSMB could turn that decline around all right, but we have to wait until more numbers turn up before we can say the decline has reversed.

Demotruk said:
The decline is visible over the whole year, and that includes four weeks that correlate even at the very end of the year, those weeks all have over 10% decline, which is somewhat better than earlier in the year but still indicative of a decline.

NSMB could turn that decline around all right, but we have to wait until more numbers turn up before we can say the decline has reversed.

No, that's not decline, decline is slope downwards, again you're saying its down year on year, but that's not decline, decline would be if the gap between last year and this was increasing every week yoy, or if sales were falling week after week, neither is true

Avinash, we're obviously talking about longer term decline. If you want to pretend that seasonal trends mean Nintendo is in resurgence, fine, I'll just equally conclude that since it's cooler here in the northern hemisphere than two months ago, the climate is in decline...

Demotruk said:
Avinash, we're obviously talking about longer term decline. If you want to pretend that seasonal trends mean Nintendo is in resurgence, fine, I'll just equally conclude that since it's cooler here in the northern hemisphere than two months ago, the climate is in decline...

But you have no idea whether its a long term decline, all you know was that it was declining earlier in the year, but that its not since the price cut and NSMB Wii, you'll have to see what happens next year to say anything, if next year is higher than this year, then its not a long term decline, its just that this year was a bad year.

Oh boy, not a lot of quality on that list. How do they fit all of it at retail stores?