By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Vaio's any good

So my computer just crashed, which sucks. But i needed a new one anyway. So i am def getting a PC. What is best and list why   Dell, Gateway, or vaio?

Around the Network

I've owned an expensive Vaio ($2,000) and a cheap HP ($800) There was nothing the Vaio did that would justify the price difference between the two. The Vaio was nice but crashed within 4 years! I've owned 2 HP and both have been solid computers. They seem to do everything that the Vaio did and have lasted longer!

the FW series ones are good, the others i don't know.
if you want something cheap look elsewhere

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

what about dell or HP?

I love my VAIO (FW468). Blu-ray burner, 4 GB RAM, fast processor. Sure, I paid $1400 for it when comparable models from other brands can be had for sub $1000, but you can't beat the styling, support, and overall feeling of "Ah, I got a good computer!"

Overall: Great, but overpriced.

Around the Network
Severance said:
the FW series ones are good, the others i don't know.
if you want something cheap look elsewhere

i own one fw, it's awesome.

HP are have +26% failure rate.

toshiba and asus have 12-16. sony hav around 16%.

i recomend asus

Thinkpads are really nice. Not the fastest machines, but build quality and reliability are top notch

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Love mine.

It's the build quality that I value the most.

The keyboard on my Vaio (CR41Z/R) is the best I've ever had the good pleasure of typing on. Dreamy tactile response.

Red lid too, so it looks the business. :P

Ive owned 3 HPs, and I have a Vaio laptop that is 6 years old. PCs are all pretty much the same. Find one that has the processing power you want and then find the cheapest one

I'm using a 24" iMac. The extra money is more than worth the headaches of owning a PC.