By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Pushed Back to Summer 2010 Release for North America

At this rate I will never win my bet :(

Around the Network

Good move for Sony, I acctually believed that they would cram all those great games in to the first quarter of the year.

I guess this means I can get GoWIII AND GT5

They should have moved GoW3 back, not GT5. GT5 is the more important game.

coolestguyever said:

You are right, GT5 is a more important game, which is why they are pushing it back. It will get wayyyy more sales this way. A september release sets GT5 up as a huge excluisve to essentialy kick off the holiday season.

I was afraid for all of these games getting released at the wrong time of the year, (like KIllzone did).

It is good to see Sony saving their biggest exclusive this generation until late September where it can ride Sony right into the holidays.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
coolestguyever said:

You are right, GT5 is a more important game, which is why they are pushing it back. It will get wayyyy more sales this way. A september release sets GT5 up as a huge excluisve to essentialy kick off the holiday season.

I was afraid for all of these games getting released at the wrong time of the year, (like KIllzone did).

It is good to see Sony saving their biggest exclusive this generation until late September where it can ride Sony right into the holidays.

That's a good point. I guess I'm just pissed my most looked forward to game is getting "pushed back" in favor of a game I don't really care for (GOW3).

GT5 will have wicked sales if its Q4. If it launches in September I could see it having 4-5 million sales before years end.

Around the Network

Finally, GT5 release date is getting more and more fixed. I don't get this talk of "Pushed Back", the game had no release date on NA/EU so far, it was just people expectations.

A summer release would mean pratically all of my time conceaded to GT5, exclusevily, so to me, it's the best thing that they could have done :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Sorry... Posted already

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o