By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Informer Reviews Chrystal Chronicles:The Crystal Bearers (5.5)

Updated to add some more text from the review.

I got my copy of Game Informer Magazine today, and saw that they had reviewed The Crystal Bearers, and gave it a score of a 5.5. I was very surprised by the low score and the text of the review was failry short so there is not a lot of details about why they thought the game was so bad. But overall they said that Crystal Bearers is a generic action game with poor controls, and has a predictable and cliched story.

The reviewer did say that they weren't fans of the Crystal Chronicles series to start with so they may have gone in with a negative attitude, but I was still surprised how a big name game that has been in development so long could get such a low review. What were other people expecting review wise for the game, and does this review effect your excitement for its release?

I'm not going to type out the entire review, but here is the text of the category summaries.

Concept - Put the final nail in the Crystal Chronicles coffin [I Hope]

Graphics - Environmental textures are bland and repetitive, but the characters and enemies are some of the best looking things you'll see on the Wii.

Sound - I can't blame the voice actors for the terrible delivery. No one could make dialogue this bad sound good.

Playability - Some sequences are less aggravating than others, but nothing actually controls well

Entertainment - The only fun I had was terrorizing townspeople with my powers. That gets old after a few minutes, leaving you with nothing.

Replay - Low

Around the Network

im not surprised.

did they mention how long the game was? is the 15 hour rumor true?

This game has been getting progressively worse news the closer it is getting to release.

Don't be surprised to see NEGATIVE preorder numbers.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

im not surprised. x2

This "Crystal Chronicles" is a joke, not a Crystal Chronicles.

So we should expect 7 and 8s from other reviewers? Alright with me.

Around the Network

Any other scores that you could post??

Hmm, meh. I'll probably get it anyway, I've learned not to trust reviews anymore. They're way too biased nowadays.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

alfredofroylan said:
Any other scores that you could post??

Sure, I think it was the only game reviewed that has gotten other reivews yet, but here are the rest of them

Assassin's Creed 2 - 9.5

The Saboteur - 8

Band Hero - 7.75

Guitar Hero: Van Halen - 7.5

God of War Collection - 9.5

CoD4 Reflex - 6.5

Tony Hawk Ride - 5.75

New Super Mario Bros. 9.25

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles - 8

Need for Speed Nitro -6.5

Silent Hill Shattered Memories - 6.25

Shaun White World Stage - 6

Your Shape Featuring Jenny McCarthy - 7

King's Bounty Armored Princess 8.75

League of Legends 7.75

Zelda: Spirit Tracks 8

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines -6.5

Atelier Annie -5

Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier 7.75

LittleBigPlanet PSP -8.5

That's rather low. I'm quite surprised, considering this iis a game with Final Fantasy in the title.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Spirit Tracks an 8...? Wow.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046