By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EA leaks name of PS3 wand - "Gem"

Wand, Sphere, Gem. I like Gem best, and apparently, so does Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello, who may very well have leaked the top-secret name for Sony’s 2010 motion control device this morning at a conference in New York.

“In the coming year, both Sony and Microsoft have announced new controllers. Motion sensor controls, Natal and Gem, these are likely to bring new consumers into the marketplace,” he said when talking about console pricing and innovation at the UBS 37th Annual Global Media Conference.

Sony has since gone on the record to say that “no official name for the PlayStation motion controller has been announced,” with EA refusing to verify Riccitiello’s comment.  I love leaks like this, they get the whole internet talking…

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/10/ps3-motion-controller-named-gem/

Meh. Could be much better.

Around the Network

Gem???? red nose sounds better and it fits on the looks too!!!

Gem doesn't sound mainstream at all in my opinion.

But I can get used. Now leak some games :P

i hope ps embarrasses EA, and says no actually it is called PS-Sphere, am much netter name IMO.
Gem makes it sound like this truly is aimed at girls, i won't mind, but i can't see any males wanting to hold it if it is called Gem.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

i like The sound Of Gem.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

I personally hope that this guy is wrong. That name is really dumb.

Games for Gems ?
btw whats Natal going to be called? since its Project Natal i thought they might change the name.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I liked the name 'Dildo' the best.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I liked the name 'Dildo' the best.

Of course you would!

Meh. Gem sounds dumb. It's not even cool-dumb like Wii. It's just dumb. "Hey, let's go play Gem!". Nah.

Ehhh... is this really it?