By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GTA: Chinatown Wars suffers due to lack of continued ads - Cammie Dunaway

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=107284

She said that sales would be better if they continued to advertise instead of promotion for several weeks and then stopping. Supposedly Nintendo has learned not to do that (with games they want to succeed anyways.....*cough*Excitebots*cough*)

Don't know why they mentioned GTA:CW at random though. If anything, the PSP one should be under scrutiny right now lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

They still employ her??

PSN - hanafuda

While Nintendo does continue to advertise older titles(Last year, there were tons of ads for Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World and Nintendogs), I feel they contradict themselves sometimes by letting some of their own titles fend for themselves(Excitebots, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Electroplankton). You also have to think of appeal as well. Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto sold ~2 million and ~3 million units respectively and while those are good numbers, Grand Theft Auto's fanbase is too accustomed to non-top view Grand Theft Auto that goes back is counterproductive in a sense.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I honestly expected China Town wars to be a big seller this holiday season. But that was dependent on there being any sort of prolonged push for the game.

It's too bad. The game rocks.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

The birds-eye view gameplay is very classic GTA. This is more like what the GTA games looked like before GTA III and personally, i loved the, gameplay, cut-scenes and all. In fact, GTA II is probably one of my most favourite games of all time, predict that this will become the  Nintendo DS game very soon, unseating Mario Kart,  This game is nothing less than a masterpiece and is reason in itself to pick up a DS if you don't already own one.

Around the Network

Nintendo wanted Excitebots to succeed?

They never even bothered to release it in Australia.

hanafuda said:
They still employ her??

That comment is for exclusive use on Michael Pachter threads.