By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Estimated $40M Went Towards Marketing for Nintendo in First-Half of '07

-1 replies?

Interesting...

Around the Network

$40 million eh? I bet if Nintendo allocated $400 million from their huge profits that were just reported, they'd sell a ton more software.

I agree with Entroper. They are making a ton of money, don't just sit on it. Use it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
I agree with Entroper. They are making a ton of money, don't just sit on it. Use it.

They have stockholders, R&D teams, like 3000 employees. They ARE using the money. Why would they need to advertise the Wii though? Or the DS really? They already fly off store shelves.

They don't need to advertise the Wii, they need to advertise its games. Like I said, they would sell a lot more software.

Around the Network

Does anyone know how much Sony and Microsoft spend on advertising their gaming divisions?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
Does anyone know how much Sony and Microsoft spend on advertising their gaming divisions?

I think I recall reading that Microsoft spent in excess of $2 billion in ads on the original Xbox.  Over a 5 year period, that's $400 million a year.

yeah based on this number and how much money nintendo has these days they should definitely try putting like $150 million a year towards marketing. software sales would be much higher. and not just on nintendo games either like those wii would like to play commercials. if they had wii commercials that showed off some 3rd party games in like montage form that'd help out a lot in more ways than one.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

I think something like 150 million a year would be good...Nintendo really just needs some good ads for all the games that come out. They've got the money...they'll get more by advertising...

Sometimes I wonder why Nintendo doesn't do so.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think NoA has done a piss poor job promoting the DS. NUK on the other hand has done a brilliant job with the DS. Brain Training has been in the top ten nearly all summer and fall in the UK.