By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Famitsu Review

39/40 is an exelent score, but their rate system its weird nintendogs 40/40???, i think they give those scores based on the genre by example an fps 40/40 cant compare with a rpg 40/40, not that any genre is better than other just doesnt compare.

now they are praising the story, story eventes and gameplay and thats the most important thing, the 9 is for minor details. and almost every final fantasy has been very linear till some point , one of my favorites

6 was superlinear until the mid then the sidequest that added to the story represented half of the game.

So, its sounds like i hoped

so if this

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Just as I feared. The game is strictly dandy and irritating. This could affect my purchase.

haha

that Kotaku article is wrong, famitsu gave 4 perfect scores this year, they forgot to mention Monster hunter 3

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

This Thread erks me...big time, because still show that they understand reviews... The FFXIII got 39 and FFXII got 40 means XII > XIII which is wrong

FFXIII = FFX

That's all that matters.

Around the Network

OMG a new Etrian Oydssey game that's awesome !!!! ..... Oh yeah nice score for Final fantasy XIII

darthdevidem01 said:
Blacksaber said:
darthdevidem01 said:
So it happened

39/40

FF13 is better than FF6, FF7, FF8 & FF9 according to famitsu

but FF12 is still the best

Your scaring me with your calmness...

Further to add

the descriptions of this game sound FANTASTIC......I really can't wait!

FF13 will be the BEST GAME OF THIS GEN tied with MGs4!

Not according to Famitsu...

I don't really understand how FF XII got a 40 or FF VII a 38.

But you have to realize Famitsu is not some magical system that analyzes a game and gives it a score from 1-40. Its 4 different reviewers giving it a 1-10 score based on their own opinions. And I'm assuming the people who reviewed FF VII are not even the same ones reviewing FFXIII. So saying Famitsu thinks FFVII<FFXII is wrong.

Haha, but its funny (maybe sickening is a better word?) that some people still care about what number a reviewer gives a game.

SE is probably kicking themselves for not paying the guy in yellow shirt more money lol. But on a serious note this review system is broken. FFXII is most definitely not better than FFXIII shit ask any FF fan and they'll tell u its the worst one of the series. As for bayonetta, too soon to say but the demo wasnt that impressive. Broken system is broken

"Oh one thing we're all forgetting, no matter what score Famitsu is giving it, it's still going to be in the top 10, if not top 5, best selling games this generation. Or at least on the PS3 for definete. As is usual for FF games."

From the first comment on the Kotaku article.

Top 5 best selling games this generation, ololololol.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,