By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you predict a tight race between 360 and PS3 next year?

The Xbox's first party lineup for next year is probably the best it's ever had actually.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

In my opinion, MS exclusive lineup is still really inferior to Sony exclusive lineup for 2010... God of War 3 + GT5 + FF13 exclusive in Japan + The Team ICO game (the last guardian) + MAG + Heavy Rain...

Even GT5 alone has more selling power than any game in the 360 2010 exclusive lineup...

So I don't see how they can be seriously considered 'equal'.

vgaddict said:

In my opinion, MS exclusive lineup is still really inferior to Sony exclusive lineup for 2010... God of War 3 + GT5 + FF13 exclusive in Japan + The Team ICO game (the last guardian) + MAG + Heavy Rain...

Even GT5 alone has more selling power than any game in the 360 2010 exclusive lineup...

So I don't see how they can be seriously considered 'equal'.

I think its fairly obvious that TO YOU they aren't equal and never will be. But to other's it's entirely possible that they might be equal. I think that sales wise GT5 is going to be a big winner, but FFXIII should sell well on both systems and Mass Effect 2 will sell well too.

Yeah sure, I just think that for a huge majority of gamers, games like FF13 or GT5 or God of War 3 are huge games both saleswise and in terms of value, that's why they'll think the Sony exclusive lineup is better...

But yeah of course, you're free to disagree.

Is Gears 3 really confirmed for 2010 ?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
vgaddict said:
Yeah sure, I just think that for a huge majority of gamers, games like FF13 or GT5 or God of War 3 are huge games both saleswise and in terms of value, that's why they'll think the Sony exclusive lineup is better...

Lst we forget Halo Reach and, possibly, Gears of War 3? Those both have serious selling power on the 360, particularly Halo. 2010 is a battleground, nobody's line-up, as of now, dominates over another IMO.

You gotta love this man

Any chance Killzone3 is making a 2010 release ? that would be epic.

No, but resistance 3 is very likely.

God of war predictions: 
1 day over 1m

ltd over 7m

PS3 overtakes xbox 360 by the end of 2011 fiscal year (march 2011)

Natal beeing not a big hit. Wand beeing less succesful then natal.

Ps3 ll have greater weekly sales then wii in june.

ps3 ll have  greater weekly sales then wii throughout q3.

Xbox 360 ll recive a price cut in 2011 fiscal year.

Gran turismo 5 ll outsell halo 3 odst in first day sales and ltd, also it ll outsell halo 3 in ltd. 

Uncharted 2 ll get pass 5 m mark in 2011 fiscal year.

nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:
vgaddict said:

Lst we forget Halo Reach and, possibly, Gears of War 3? Those both have serious selling power on the 360, particularly Halo. 2010 is a battleground, nobody's line-up, as of now, dominates over another IMO.

You gotta love this man

Yes, it's good that Drebin found a job after the war.

i think it will be fairly close next year. With Natal and probably some price cuts as well as a killer lineup for both consoles i think we will see fairly even overall sales.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!