Dragon Quest II 38/40
Dragon Quest III 38/40
Dragon Quest IV 38/40
Dragon Quest V 36/40
Dragon Quest VI 34/40
Dragon Quest VII 38/40
Dragon Quest VIII 39/40
Dragon Quest IX 40/40

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Around the Network

what a close

i hate the second reviewer.
but however, somethings not right in FFXIII, anyone is saying that there are little faults here and there.

Okay, you did it, i cancel my pre-order.
(just kidding. :D)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

lestatdark said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
lestatdark said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
lestatdark said:

It's a great score and no score in the world is going to dissuade those who already are bent on getting the game or that are FF fans, but as it is, it's just a rumour still ;)

I just found it funny that in a previous rumour that put the score over 40, or over the rating scale, just as some magazines did for SMG and Uncharted2, everyone was quick to dismiss it, but now, a rumour put's the score under 40, and everyone considers it to be true. Double standarts are so funny :P

Sorry, but how exactly is that a double standard?

Because when people apply two different criteria to the same thing, rumours in this case, it's called double standarts?

I think you're misreading content completely. I didn't check the other thread all that closely, but I recall people saying things like "I hope this is fake", I didn't see many going "Yeah, this is fake". And in this thread, atleast when you posted, nobody said "Yeah this is definitely true", they simply gave input on what they thought of it - if it were to be true.

Also, even if people went in here going "Yeah this has to be true" and went "There's no way this is true" in the other thread, that's hardly a double standard. Because 39/40 has happened tons of times before. Especially for hyped games. A 52/40, however, has never happened, in the 23-year history of Famitsu.

There have been no double standards here.

I wasn't even talking about context, I was talking about people reacting to a rumour, considering it to be true. Context wise, If you look at my posts, I have no quarry with the score, if it's true, the game could get even lower than 20/40, I still would get it, what boogled me was people taking a rumour and consider it as the truth.

You have a point when you say that it's more feasible for a rumour such as this to be true than the other one, but it wouldn't be the first time a magazine went against their own rating system, even if they weren't serious about it, I just don't consider both rumours to be the truth until there's official confirmation, unlike earlier posts in this thread.

I said nothing about context. Read my post again.

But seriously, when you posted, nobody had takes the post as truth. They said "If this is true, then..."

@Majin-Tenshinhan

Not this again, please. Content, context, they have similar meanings.

I shouldn't have said everyone, because it was actually only OkeyDokey who did that, calling FFXIII an instant flop, that's why I said double standarts.

Now, can we let this argument die down? I see no point in continuing this.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
@Majin-Tenshinhan

I shouldn't have said everyone, because it was actually only OkeyDokey who did that, calling FFXIII an instant flop, that's why I said double standarts.

Absolutely, because, to be fair, there is no point in continuing this. It was a fairly pointless argument when I started it, and it's even more pointless now that we've both explained our views.

I just thought you might've misread "content" ;)

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
lestatdark said:
@Majin-Tenshinhan

Absolutely, because, to be fair, there is no point in continuing this. It was a fairly pointless argument when I started it, and it's even more pointless now that we've both explained our views.

Fair enough, because I don't like to argue against someone who has a Metroid and Zelda sig, that's just too much awesomeness together in the same place :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
lestatdark said:
@Majin-Tenshinhan

Fair enough, because I don't like to argue against someone who has a Metroid and Zelda sig, that's just too much awesomeness together in the same place :P

Haha xD Why thank you. I like your sig too, but I'm sad to say that I don't know where your avatar is from :(

Hey people... the score is amazing.

The next game a receive a 40 from Famitsu will be Gran Turismo 5.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
lestatdark said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
lestatdark said:
@Majin-Tenshinhan

Haha xD Why thank you. I like your sig too, but I'm sad to say that I don't know where your avatar is from :(

It's from Demon's Souls ;) The best game this generation, in my opinion.

Current PC Build