By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - psp problem - please help

during a recent firmware update i accidentally switched the power off (my fault i know). all that happens when i turn the machine on now is the green LED power icon lights up but the screen doesn't, after a few seconds the LED turns off. anyone know of a way to fix the problem? its out of it warranty to so if i send it to sony does anyone know what price they charge to fix it? thanks in advance.

Around the Network

De-doh. Well done, I think you have a bricked PSP. I doubt there is a "hardware reset" option, so I think you'll have to send it off for repairs.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

You can do one of two things.

1) You can find someone else who has a PSP and has hacked their PSP. There is a Pandora battery out that can unbrick PSPs, but you'll need someone who has the Pandora battery and a copy of whatever firmware you want to use (1.5, 3.5 or whatever). Pandora can restore a bricked PSP. Read here: http://www.qj.net/Noobz-C-D-release-Pandora-s-Battery-unbricker-for-all-PSPs/pg/49/aid/100579

2) Send it in for repair.

Actually, using "pandora's battery" you should be able to recover it, plus it'll be cheaper than sending it to sony.

Just search for it on google.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

nice one, thanks for your help.