By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - mario wii in 720p.....

I preffer a low resolution and a better gameplay than a good resolution while the game is unplayable

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
I preffer a low resolution and a better gameplay than a good resolution while the game is unplayable

the guy its playing with low end dual core, and a 9600.

any SD console will look blurry on full HD TV, way too blurry. i have small myopia, and it painful to watch from  close distance.

Khuttra: As with many new Wii games, there are issues. Look at Galaxy when it was first running on Dolphin (missing textures, horrible framerate) and look at it now. Glancing over the official thread for this game on the dolphin forums, there are still issues for many people. It's my understanding that gold coins currently are not animated for whatever reason. A few months from now it'll most likely be perfectly playable.

That video isn't representative of much, sorry. a 2.13 ghz dual core does not cut it for Dolphin, as shown by that horrid framerate. A 3+ ghz dual core is recommended.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Ok, I just looked, and the Wii only supports 480p, 480i, and 576i, so how is it possible that it is in hd...it doesn't matter anyways, nintendo games don't need graphics to look good

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

ameratsu said:
Khuttra: As with many new Wii games, there are issues. Look at Galaxy when it was first running on Dolphin (missing textures, horrible framerate) and look at it now. Glancing over the official thread for this game on the dolphin forums, there are still issues for many people. It's my understanding that gold coins currently are not animated for whatever reason. A few months from now it'll most likely be perfectly playable.

That video isn't representative of much, sorry. a 2.13 ghz dual core does not cut it for Dolphin, as shown by that horrid framerate. A 3+ ghz dual core is recommended.

I'm just not sure how one can reasonably expect them to improve art assets for the sprite-based stuff (like solid masses in th water shots) without redrawing them.

Around the Network

I agree with you Khuutra. They did improve the Sprite HUD in Wind Waker so it looked normal instead of stretched at high resolutions, but I'm not sure how they did that. I just disagree with the people who are more or less inferring that there is no benefit to emulating Wii games.

If I were to emulate this game, I'd play at native resolution with some goodies enabled. You were never intended to be able to see such a huge chunk of the level at once.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

there is a difference only if the art and software were designed for it, theese screens dont really mean anything

Baalzamon said:

Ok, I just looked, and the Wii only supports 480p, 480i, and 576i, so how is it possible that it is in hd...it doesn't matter anyways, nintendo games don't need graphics to look good

dolphin

There's no real difference...and this is coming from a guy that can easily tell the difference between "high" and "ultra high" textures in Crysis.

I can´t see the difference

Metroid: Other M