By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So who picked up Guitar Hero 3 and for what system?

This thread was already done as which version are you going to get at 80% or so said the Wii version.

Costco had the PS3, Xbox, and Wii versions for days. I am not sure if they still have them.

I bought the Wii version on the internet, pre-ordered. I except it by the 10th.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

I got my 360 version.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I'm going to get the Wii version, but I have to wait another 3 weeks until it get released in Sweden.

Why can't we get the games at the same time as NTSC? :/

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Got the Wii version, also at midnight launch at GameStop. This is my first time owning GH and it is a blast. Wish we could buy extra guitars! I tried to use the WiiMote during Co-Op and it sucked. But I know there are a few different tracks in the co-op section so I want to unlock them!

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play

I was going to get the wii version, but pre-ordering a new video card changed my plans.

Around the Network

Here are some unbundled controls but they're pretty expensive

http://www.videogameaction.com/wiiguhe3wile.html

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Wii version~

To Each Man, Responsibility

I purchased the 360 version mainly because I'm an achievement whore.

So far I'm not that impressed. The songs don't seem as fun. "Boss Battles" are more like a chore and completely ruin the concept of the game...I play to jam. I don't play to make someone else suck worse than me before time runs out.

The "improved" graphics take the artistic feel out of the game and they completely ruined the appearance of all the characters but the lead female singer and the bassist. The male lead singer looks like a damn catfish!! They ruined my Judy Nails... =(

Product placement runs rampant and the venue environments aren't inspiring.

The HUD is cluttered and the fact that the "Rock Meter" doesn't flash red when you're in danger of failing a song really makes me angry. Star Power activates WAY to easily...seriously...I haven't been able to save one for later use yet!

...and I had to fall back to the X-plorer guitar from Guitar Hero II. The new guitar is to fat. I can't rest my strumming hand on the guitar because the extra distance from the edge of the guitar to the strum bar cramps my wrist. Don't even get me started on the buttons. For the first time in all my Guitar Hero years, my fingers hurt from having to push down so hard.

Sorry...but I can't wait to see if Rock Band saves me from playing the songs just to unlock them all.

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
This thread was already done as which version are you going to get at 80% or so said the Wii version.

Costco had the PS3, Xbox, and Wii versions for days. I am not sure if they still have them.

I bought the Wii version on the internet, pre-ordered. I except it by the 10th.

Okay, but "which version are you GOING to get" and "which version DID you get" are two different things. Especially since everybody that was GOING to get it may not have planned to get it yet. I, for instance, won't be buying it for quite some time. More important things to spend my money on. 

And any thread asking about which one people have gotten is pretty much automatically also asking about thoughts, such as what Saintelistan said.

Anyhow, my brother bought the Wii version. Honestly, anybody that owns a Wii would be a fool to put the money down on any other version. The Wii version's got too many nicer features.

SW-5120-1900-6153