By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Led lcd or Led Plasma !!

i want to upgrade my old lcd tv to a new led one but iam confused which one should i pick. the led lcd or the led plasma ? 

as i know the new led plasma is a 50 inch full hd 1080p resolution 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio and a 0.001 response time and that make it the best choice but am afraid from the burning issue in the plasmas so should i get the lcd or the plasma ? which one is better for gaming ??? 

please help.

Around the Network

Well first off, there aren't any LED Plasma TV's (they don't need it). But secondly, burn in is hardly an issue anymore. I'd get a plasma for it's richer colors, faster responses, and better viewing angle.

Feylic said:
Well first off, there aren't any LED Plasma TV's (they don't need it). But secondly, burn in is hardly an issue anymore. I'd get a plasma for it's richer colors, faster responses, and better viewing angle.

no there is .. check the samsung PS50B850 i saw it with my own eyes.

NNN2004 said:
Feylic said:

no there is .. check the samsung PS50B850 i saw it with my own eyes.

yeah that's a plasma, not a led plasma. There's no such thing as a led plasma. newb.

LED is a type of backlight - plasmas don't need a backlight, because the plasma itself radiates light (that's better!!!)

but plasmas consume much more energy

Around the Network

The LED's are beasts. I would get one.

Lafiel said:

LED is a type of backlight - plasmas don't need a backlight, because the plasma itself radiates light (that's better!!!)

but plasmas consume much more energy

but the seller said to me its a led plasma lol ... wtf!! ... anyway which is better the new plasma or the Led tv ?? 

NEVER get Plasma screens, unless you want burn-ins on your TV. My friend has a plasma HD, and he has Tekken 6 life bars burned into his screen already. Stick to LCD.

The only answer to your problem is to sit in front of each (calibrated) tv (at best in your room where the tv will end up) and do what you want to do with your new tv. Both technologies have their advantages and disadvantages (dithering and PCW noise still seem to be the major obstacles in the plasma world). In the end it usually boils down to "I like this one better than this one" for no quantifiable reasons.

Burning Typhoon said:
NEVER get Plasma screens, unless you want burn-ins on your TV. My friend has a plasma HD, and he has Tekken 6 life bars burned into his screen already. Stick to LCD.

i already have a samsung plasma tv but its not a full hd thats why i want a  new tv and it didnt get any burn issues ( until now! ).