By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When are you old enough to marry?

Just curious to see what people thought.

How old do you think you need to be before you think you're mature/ready to get married? Or do you think it's a time together thing so that you need to be together for a certain amount of time. Discuss.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I hate the thought of Marriage and kids... I despise it, I dont plan either till after 30, and you better not be planin to ask ur GF to marry you... i kno super tight in all, but u better not

Xxain said:
I hate the thought of Marriage and kids... I despise it, I dont plan either till after 30, and you better not be planin to ask ur GF to marry you... i kno super tight in all, but u better not

I'm know I'm too young to be getting married, but why do you despise marriage and kids?

#1, you really need to have been together for several years before you get married.
#2, not younger then age 30, unless of course something like a baby is involved, then exceptions can be made.

I'd say it depends more on the maturity of the relationship than the maturity of either person.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

What's so horrible about either?

i don't think you could ever say for sure

but i think you'll know when the time is right

Above & Beyond

i don't like children, they dont shut up and the have an energy gauge that i truly envy.

as for the question, makingmusics answer is correct to some degree.

Both people need to be:

A) Mature enough
B) Financially Stable/Prepared
C) Truly in Love

If only there was a world where knowing these was clear

Ok, a few of answers are just mature enough. What do you think defines a person as mature enough?

@ Seraphic

Are we truly that much different?