By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When are you old enough to marry?

RCTjunkie said:
Both people need to be:

A) Mature enough
B) Financially Stable/Prepared
C) Truly in Love

If only there was a world where knowing these was clear

^This

Around the Network

When you're able to provide for the family as you are bound to do by responsibility. Marrying before you can do so is irresponsible, and is immoral and unfair for the people you are supposed to take care of (whoever is staying at home, the children, etc).

A) Mature enough
B) Financially Stable/Prepared
C) Truly in Love

Exactly this but the C thing is difficult to determine i guess and it all depends with you, but A and B should be completed first

If you're in university (or another type of school) finish it first. In university your life is still pretty unstable, its only after you've left, got a steady job etc that you should be thinking of settling down and raising a family in my opinion.

whenever you and your partner decide you want to assumedley

Around the Network

I don’t think it is an age thing and, while I don’t think people should marry people they don’t love, being in love is not particularly meaningful when it comes to getting married; after all throughout history and in other parts of the world people get married without knowing each-other at a younger age than we do and are (often) in more stable loving relationships than people who marry based on love in our culture.

The important thing is that you’re with someone who respects you, accepts you for who you truly are, wants similar things out of life, and you can effectively communicate with. The best way to determine this is to live with them for a year (or more) before you get engaged; and for people who don’t believe in sex before marriage (not that there are many anymore) this could just be living as a roommate.

The most common thing that leads to divorce is people fighting over money, which is entirely related to budgeting, and as a single person it is easy to budget because you will (obviously) have found all the decisions you made acceptable. If you’re with a person who always makes you make unacceptable budgetary sacrifices while they live an (in your mind) excessive lifestyle it will be difficult to remain married; and (as is commonly the case) if you both feel that way and are fighting over it the marriage won’t last.

As soon as you are confident about it. A later marriage is not very good, because you're getting a bit too old to communicate with your children. It's just better when both parents are in their 20s, they're just more in touch with kids.

When you have some sense of direction in your life. I'm almost 30 and have no direction,so that's what I think!!!!

i think that the maturity level is important not just for getting married, but it plays a big role in weather or not you are mature enough to determine if you are really with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with...is it love or just infatuation, will the relationship be able to withstand all the crap and hardship that life brings and are you mature enough to stick with the person through it all or will you bail at the first sign of problems. are you mature enough to be unselfish and not bail when things arent going your way...too many people dont take marriage seriously and figure, well, if things dont work out we can always get a divorce. it takes a lot of hard work and selflessness to make a marriage work and there are a lot of people, irregardless of age, that just arent ready or willing to make the sacrifice that being married takes. obviously there are a lot of other factors that play into it like compatibility, finances, and things like that...but as for age or maturity, maturity is more important, and obviously your age plays a part in your maturity.(but i have to go feed a baby and make nordlead his dinner, so i have no more time to give any more words of wisdom :D )

Myself, i'm not going to think about marriage before 30.

If i meet the right girl, of course, all well and good, but i'm not going to go looking for it until then.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.