By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Buy Konami shares if you want MGS4 to stay exclusive!

libellule said:
In fact, I suppose your wrong and Rockstar shares felt too.
If I remember well, before the Microsoft extra cash, Rockstar was in the red 6 months ago, a lot more than Konami is now.

Whatever, what I dont like the most is the title itself more than the information that, opposed to the title, doesn't talk about "the PS3 exclusivity".

Look up kotaku's article on it. That's where I got the joke in the title from.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
libellule said:
In fact, I suppose your wrong and Rockstar shares felt too.
If I remember well, before the Microsoft extra cash, Rockstar was in the red 6 months ago, a lot more than Konami is now.

Whatever, what I dont like the most is the title itself more than the information that, opposed to the title, doesn't talk about "the PS3 exclusivity".

Uh, I could've sworn there was a thread about Take-Two shares dropping after the delay announcement. And a drop in stock was discussed as part of the whole Man Hunt fiasco.

The only difference is those games werent a major exclusive for a console in trouble.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

kn said:
Where is John Lucas? ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Frasman said:
kn said:
Where is John Lucas? ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Probably too busy forging his 20ft Bronze statue of Mario. 

I kid because I love. 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I say buy shares then send numerous letters as a shareholder to push the game multi-plat and thus, increase profits and share value.

Around the Network

Too bad for Konami, I can see first delay as an excuse to polish up the game but another delay just mean this "We are fucked, this hardware is a nightmare to work with and we fucking cant meet our expected deadline" situation will cost us millions of dollars. 200 people working on this and as more delay will increase the development cost to skyrocket.

This is their own fault betting everything on the wrong horse.

PS3's install base is only now approaching MGS and MGS2's lifetime sales numbers. Methinks only buying more PS3's can help MGS4.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Maybe Konami really does just want to polish the game. I don't think that they're waiting for the PS3 numbers to open up. If you remember, the game never really had a solid release date just Q1. Why would they push the game back if they were waiting for the PS3 install base to increase if THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME OF THE YEAR IN TERMS OF SALES is yet to come. Black friday is not here and the Christmas season has barely begun, it's the first of November. If this announcement had been made after a lackluster Christmas then I'd attribute it to sales. But they have yet to see the impact (or lack therof) that the forty gig and the reduced price of the eighty gig sku have had on sales. I do think it was a fact that they wanted to make the game better. It's too early to tell whether it was due to production or sales of the PS3. Most likely, it was due to more time necessary for development. Lots of games across all platforms have been pushed back: Army of Two, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Unreal Tournament 3, etc. A lot of games have been pushed back on all consoles, maybe they just wanted to wait for the rush of games to be over...

and how does buying stocks effect the game going multiplat?

btw, I've owned 10 shares of Konami for about 3 years now.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
and how does buying stocks effect the game going multiplat?

If the stock price keeps falling, they're more likely to change strategy.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957