By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is NSMB Wii worthy of the title Game Of The Year?

Uncharted 3 arrives: Uncharted 2 wasn't that good...
can you leave it? Uncharted 2 was hypes for it over the top graphics...
NSMBWii is funnier, and nothing tops fun...
And it isn't the best game for me, maybe 4 or 6...
But not all people like shooting games, so don't blame for never playing it, Metroid Prime 3, GTA and other shooters got my rejection son a "pretty" game won't buy me or other millions

Around the Network

^^^ my face finally worked, also this is the first thread of Rol(Stoppable) that has a solid point and disscusion

Gintoki said:
Buzzi said:

The game doesn't have online!!

Ha!...

Regarding your consoles, you're supposed to defend Mario!

The smile says I was sarcastic!

I always support Nintendo, the online problem is something all reviewers said but for me NSMBW it's GOTY anyway.

Like Phoenix I always trust my customers.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

If you consider NSMBWii to be a contender, then you must consider its competition.
Is the game in any 1 way better then the front runner Uncharted 2?
That is subjective, but we all know the criteria for GOTY.

imo, Uncharted 2 deserves GOTY for every reason you think this 2d mario deserves it, and probably many more.

it comes down to good, or the general feeling of fun and good nostalgia which mario has.
Sound can sum up the problem here.

7.1 uncompressed movie soundtracks produced at the Lucas Ranch that have mood, inspire and enrich the game world.
or
Doo doo doood ododoo ododood odoodo odoodo the ole mario music.

Both of which have greatness, but without that past which inspires nostalgia, I believe Uncharted still wins here.

anyways, NSMBwii might win ninty goty, right? or game of the universe or whatever you are calling for, so....

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

New Mario Bros. Wii rocks, the answer is probably yes, but i don't think gamespot will like the idea...

i can't sit and watch others to play, it's just too great, best 2D Mario for me

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Uncharted will be forgotten and shelved in a couple of year, NSMB Wii will still be played and loved a decade from now.

NSMB Wii deserves it over Uncharted 2

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Uncharted will be forgotten and shelved in a couple of year, NSMB Wii will still be played and loved a decade from now.

NSMB Wii deserves it over Uncharted 2

So you want people to decide GotY awards based on their ability to see the future?

^No but a part of it should be how well a game will stand the test of time, how much long term effect the game will have.

We know NSMB Wii will have a much greater and longer term effect, it'll bring new people to gaming and will still be a game people will love to play a decade from now, Uncharted 2 is nice, but will be overshadowed by future games, like Uncharted 3, and forgotten.

Game of the year should be a game that will become a classic, NSMB Wii will certainly become one, Uncharted 2, much less likely

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Game of the Year should be the game that's the best that year, not some silly notion of what games will be regarded as great in the future.

You've just decided that NSMBWii will be regarded as a classic, you bring no proof to the table only basing it off what you feel.

NSMB wii, will be in best game lists in 10 years time whereas uncharted 2 won't is what I think he is trying too say. Anyways this game is easily GOTY, Although the idiotic game media won't see this.