By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Witcher Vista owners Beware

That's interesting, because the original Neverwinter Nights was totally unplayable for me on Vista. And the Witcher is built of the same engine, the Aurora engine.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

I want to get this game as well- but is the loading time going to affect gameplay?

It is a bit long. Its better than say HL2's loading times. For the type of gameplay its much less obtrusive that long loads in a shooter. Its not killing the experience for me. I think most reviewers criticism of this is based on the fact that the gaming industry should be past the need for loading times at all much less long ones. there are plenty of workarouds to prevent it.

I hope they release a Vista specific patch soon. Otherwise playing it won't be anything but an excercise in frustration for you unless they do.

Removed by original poster for not making any sense

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

i downloaded vista and it says i have a legal version somehow

now THAT's funny.

what's less funy is that i cant play Crysis on very high details with 8x AA, only 5 fps =(

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Vista is obsolete allready... Quite a good job building an OS that unstable that crashes even when running programs from the same dev's! I'll never get Vista.

@tc: I've seen countless reports of crashing in the Witcher in all the major reviews. And how are the load times?

Mummelmann said:
Vista is obsolete allready... Quite a good job building an OS that unstable that crashes even when running programs from the same dev's! I'll never get Vista.

@tc: I've seen countless reports of crashing in the Witcher in all the major reviews. And how are the load times?

The witcher is stable in XP with Patch 1.1a. The load times are not as bad as some reviewers would have you belive but the are longer that nessacary. It hasent broken the experience for me though.

Good! I'm getting it tommorrow you see! Oblivon has some nasty loadtimes too, and it doesn't affect the experience that much.

I will probably take a look at this game based on some of the feedback I have heard. I just hope I can get decent load times...I wish more games would utilize the 4GB of ram I have...really I don't F'n mind if you load all your crap in memory..PLEASE DO!!! Stupid game..../mumble

To Each Man, Responsibility

I wish Devs would adopt a universal transparent loading scheme. That way they could load geograpically in the background as you move around the game world so you never realize adjcent areas are loading.

To bad that wouldnt work with Aroura due to its module nature. It would be nice if you could set it up in that engine so interiors and exteriors are loaded all the time in a module. Thats the real drawback so far in the witcher as far as loading times go.Its the frequency of loading for going from interiors to exteriors in the city areas. its not so bad out in the woods.