By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First 'M' Rated Game (Dynamic Zan) Made By Nintendo

Dynamic Zan

In the past, Nintendo of America has published a few second party M-rated games in the US like Eternal Darkness and Geist. Nintendo of Japan has come close with a few Cero Cs (Japan's equivalent to a T-rating in the States) like Fatal Frame IV and Disaster: Day of Crisis, but that's as far as they've gone. That's why the release of Zangeki No Reginleiv (referred to as Dynamic Zan for western audiences) is such a milestone. As you probably gathered from the headline, Dynamic Zan is the first game from NoJ to carry a Cero D rating, which means "M for Mature" in Japan. It's set to be released in February of 2010.

From that 16 second long video, it's hard to tell exactly why the game's getting such a strong rating. From what I've read though, the game has more than it's fair share of decapitations and disembowelments. Better yet, it's coming from the development team behind the cult hit Earth Defense Force 2017 on the Xbox 360, so fans of schlocky good times can rest assured that Dynamic Zan wont disappoint.

The game features gigantic monsters, hundreds of different types of weapons, and four player simultaneous online co-op. That could do well to lure in the million-or-so Japanese gamers who bought Monster Hunter 3 last August. The game certainly doesn't look like it cost a lot to make, which leads me to think that there is a good chance that NoJ will at least break even on this one. Oh, and if you like scans, I threw a couple in the gallery. They show a few of the playable characters, and the enormous size of some of the games enemies.

So what do you think? Could Dynamic Zan go on to become another timeless Nintendo classic?

[via GoNintendo]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Nintendo is no longer a family company confirmed!!!

/jk

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

This the game with motion plus support?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

EPIC

I wonder why Nintendo publishes this and other such games from small developers, that bound to bomb?

Around the Network

hmm interesting

The blood in this game reminds of Madworld or No More Heroes, less gorey and more unrealistic amounts of blood for comic relief.

Pixel Art can be fun.

This game is quickly ramping up to be one of my most anticipated Wii games of 2010.

Looks like a medieval Sin and Punishment... Nice.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Isn't this just Dynamic Slash with a different name?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.