By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - UNFAIR BANNING ON VGCHARTZ!!!! (IMO)

So let me just say, I love and support the vgchartz community A LOT. So it came to surprise to me, (my other user, now banned) that I have banned for this site. When I read the reason why I was banned, the moderator said, and I quote "Trolling (Calling 360 fans "winers" (what is that? - whiners? wieners?) isn't a good idea - especially in a Microsoft thread."

K, I understand what trolling is, and I do not believe what I said at all was trolling. Here is what I said. And by the way, I didn't know how to spell whiners or whatever, so I think he thought I said "wieners" :(

The funny thing is that they (360 graphics winers) have to compare a multi platform game to ps3 exclusives because they've yet to have an exclusive that looks this good. :)

Honestly though, people need to calm down with the graphics wars. Its like with gears 2 and resistance 2. Even if gears 2 looked like utter crap, and resistance 2 was amazing, I'd still play gears 2 because to me, it's just more fun. Let the game come out before we judge anyway, it's still in development. 

Ok, I understand that "whiners" was poking a little fun at 360 owners. But, I put a smiley after it, meaning it as a joke, but that's besides the fact. After that, I went on to saying that graphics is not whats really important, and it's really the gameplay that matters for a good time, so we all need to calm down a bit on the graphics subject.

Honestly, I do not think what I said merits a ban. I would happily accept a warning or even a vg$ loss, but I thought a ban was a little excessive. What do you guys think? 

Again I reiterate that I still respect vgchartz community, but it's hard to keep it up when I get banned for saying "whiners" or because I'm not the most 360 fanboyish user in the particular thread. :(

Around the Network

And you are?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

i completely agree with the unfair banning lol

"especially in a MS thread" is the atention grabber for me ..... wat does that mean?

The mods are pretty quick on the trigger of late. Which I am very cool with BTW. What you said was pretty much trolling the 360, but nowhere near what I've seen in the past. I would be cool with ALL trolling earning people bans. I hate the fact that the internet seems to be a shield to people who want to disrespect others simply because there is no chance of being punched in the face. I would gladly take a ban if I offended someone provided I knew that someone else would get banned had they done the same.

Around the Network
my-ban=unfair-IMO said:

So let me just say, I love and support the vgchartz community A LOT. So it came to surprise to me, (my other user, now banned) that I have banned for this site. When I read the reason why I was banned, the moderator said, and I quote "Trolling (Calling 360 fans "winers" (what is that? - whiners? wieners?) isn't a good idea - especially in a Microsoft thread."

K, I understand what trolling is, and I do not believe what I said at all was trolling. Here is what I said. And by the way, I didn't know how to spell whiners or whatever, so I think he thought I said "wieners" :(

The funny thing is that they (360 graphics winers) have to compare a multi platform game to ps3 exclusives because they've yet to have an exclusive that looks this good. :)

Honestly though, people need to calm down with the graphics wars. Its like with gears 2 and resistance 2. Even if gears 2 looked like utter crap, and resistance 2 was amazing, I'd still play gears 2 because to me, it's just more fun. Let the game come out before we judge anyway, it's still in development. 

Ok, I understand that "whiners" was poking a little fun at 360 owners. But, I put a smiley after it, meaning it as a joke, but that's besides the fact. After that, I went on to saying that graphics is not whats really important, and it's really the gameplay that matters for a good time, so we all need to calm down a bit on the graphics subject.

Honestly, I do not think what I said merits a ban. I would happily accept a warning or even a vg$ loss, but I thought a ban was a little excessive. What do you guys think? 

Again I reiterate that I still respect vgchartz community, but it's hard to keep it up when I get banned for saying "whiners" or because I'm not the most 360 fanboyish user in the particular thread. :(

Why did you find it necessary to add the red part? It's like begging for trouble, really.

You know, you should talk to the moderator that did it, or inform one of the admins, and let them sort it out. It's not like we're going to sign some petition to get you unbanned, or something. It has nothing to do with the general public of VGC.

But, it's a video game site, where fans of all major companies come to post.. It should be expected that they'll be a little bashing on other companies, and whatever... As long as you don't go too far, or, being otherwise annoying with your fanboyism (to the point where it annoys fans of the same company) there shouldn't be much of a problem. Do you think Nintendo cares that you talk smack about their console? No, of course not, they're the one's getting paid.

Just, like I said, don't over-do it. I haven't looked at your previous posts, maybe what you said was just the straw that broke the camel's back... I know I for one play PS3 more than any other system, yet, I talk about it sometimes. People shouldn't be so sensitive that they can't joke about something they own and like, and I agree that there's been some cases where moderation over posting was too excessive.

And, again, regardless of what you think, or... anyone else that posts in this thread, you should talk the moderator who banned you, or an admin. Forum petitions based on user bannings don't work.