By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you like Japanese games or Western games more?

In today's world of gaming – Gamers are in an interesting dichotomy.

The older generation linger (in nostalgia) over the quality of games Japan were known for for so many years. Yet the most outstanding games this generation are widely agreed to be coming from the West and Japan's games industry has greatly stagnated.

So it is around this time in 2009, a little ways since the fall of a Japan-dominant gaming empire I ask:

Do you like Japanese games or Western games more?

Around the Network

i like good japanese games more than bad japanese games.

i like good western games more than bad western games.

hmm. i dont like to generalise, i'll try anything before i decide if i like it or not :) but i think that each has something to offer.

even though i don't have a one-or-the-other opinion, am i still allowed to post in here?

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Why not both?
Both the Japanese and ... Westerns (lol) make good games.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

definatly western...sorry but im not a fan of boy/girl/transexual looking people

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

NKAJ said:
definatly western...sorry but im not a fan of boy/girl/transexual looking people

this 100%. And also western devs have just produced better games as of the past 7 years.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I like both... :)

I don't like games that are distinctly japanese, but that doesn't mean the japanese can't make games I like.

Still, I am by far more fond of western games

SRPG is my favorite genre. So it'd have to be JRPG just based on that.

Wait i just need to list of some games i like and to see who created them and also games i dislike

Western

Uncharted 1+2
Fight Night Round 3
Infamous
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
UFC Undisputed
Daxter
GOW COO
Medal of honour heroes 1+2
MK unchained
Worms
wipeout pure
wipeout hd
syphon filter 1+2 psp
Sims 3
spore
dead space
assassins creed 1+2+psp
Batman AA
C&C all
Fable 2
World of goo

Eastern

Devil may cry 3
Eternal sonata
Valkyria Chronicles
folklore
GT5
Street Fighter IV
Tekken dark resurrection
Fat Princess
Bomberman PSP
Bust a move deluxe
crisis core ff7
Dissidia FF
GT
Jeane D'arc
Monster hunter 1,2,3 psp
Valhalla Knights 1+2
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Star ocean 1+2 psp
Virtua tennis all
Demons souls
Star ocean: International
Tales of Verspia
White Knight Chronicles
Sonic Unleashed

and this list is without all the good Nintendo Ip's that come out of Japan

I would list games i hate but then i would just list off lots of games people love such as

Mass Effect
Bioshock
Dragon Age
Fallout 3
Fight Night round 4
Halo 3
Halo odst
Resistance 2
Gears 1
Gears 2
GTA IV

and many many many more. I am sure i hate a lot of Eastern games but the crap ones never seem to make it out of Japan so

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

^^
please don't make lists, that does not do western games justice AT ALL, lol.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive