By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 delayed til Q2 08

They are probably going to see how well the 360 version sells before releasing the PS3 version.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Well at least I can play with Snake in February.

In SSBB.

On topic: really bad for Sony. Stock owners will be very displeased. Sony had evrything gambled on this one title Q1 2008, now they should be happy with selling half their forecast of 11 M second half of their financial year because there aren't any AAA exclusives anymore before summer but probably later.

Killzone 2 won't arrive until summer, GT5 not anywhere soon, FF 2009, GTA4 inferior version etc....

So... domination starts in Q2 2008?

Also, don't be so disappointed that this game got delayed. It's better to have a delayed but perfect game than having an early but crappy game (I'm look at you Ubi Soft)

The delay could of course be caused by the joys of working with the PS3 cell processor as well. No one seems to have mentioned that.

This is really too bad for Sony though. I have little expectations that Killzone 2 or Gran T can sell systems, it's MGS4 and FF13 that they need and by the time they come out now, it may be simply too late for the PS3 to recover.

MontanaHatchet said:
johnsobas said:
MontanaHatchet said:
*Rolls eyes*

I know, just wanted to ward off idiots, just in case...

MGS4 was a key part of the PS3's 08 domination, now the domination will have to wait a little longer. Hrmmmm.....

*rolls eyes*

domination...where have i heard that before?

........In sex ed?

Your sex Ed class was much better then mine.

Any chance the game was delayed because... the game needed more work and wasn't going to be ready on time?  As opposed to them being afraid of videogames on another console selling to mostly different consumer or them developing a second version for another system that they said they wern't and even if they were their would be no reason to delay the PS3 version?

Just my silly theory.

Around the Network

This generation is so ironic...

The #1 selling point of the PS3 is how powerful it is... how beautiful the graphics are...how much crap can fit on a blue ray disc.

All of these things are slowing down the development required to make a game... all these delays are going to hurt sony big time.

Noooooooooooooo! I want this game now! *cries*

Actually, it looks like Sony may have already written of this fiscal year as a loss and started banking on the next one.

euclid said:
This generation is so ironic...

The #1 selling point of the PS3 is how powerful it is... how beautiful the graphics are...how much crap can fit on a blue ray disc.

All of these things are slowing down the development required to make a game... all these delays are going to hurt sony big time.

Thats post is funny but not becasue its good but because its so wrong.

Most development problems are on multi platform games, game slike MGS or GT will get delayed untill the maker Kojima or Yamaguchi feel it matches their their expectations.  No half ass'd FF MGS GT GTA will ever be relesesed, the franchises are to valuable to let them slip in to mediocracy. 

- ignore.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957