By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vgcharts conspiracy: Guitar hero 3

I would guess they were first day numbers and we will have those sales + the rest of the week sales with next weeks numbers.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
The numbers were miscalculated in Eurodollarpounds.

I see what you did there. The leo_j Defence Force is watching.

I don't think you guys should jump to conclusions about this. There are plenty of possible reasons which don't involve Vgchartz making up numbers:

- retailers sending preorder numbers to vgchartz
- midnight launch numbers being received
- wrong parameters given to an extrapolation formula
- more reasons I didn't think of
- a combination of several of the above reasons

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Its was the Oct28th data included in the Oct27 week, next week we will have a full weeks worth of data for the GH series.

Most likely, ioi was able to get an extra day's worth of data, and put that up there. Remember, the USA charts used to be an extra day longer than they are now.

Because of this, he might get some partial information from some retailers to give numbers for the first day of GH3. But once he realized the charts were upto the day before, but not of, GH3's launch, he took them down.

That's atleast what I'd assume.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Some of our sources report Monday - Sunday and the others reported small figures for a midnight launch and early pre-sales - both of which meant we made a mistake in originally including sales for GH III. The initial sales (165k for 360, 55k for Wii, 45k for PS2/PS3) are essentially day 1 sales (Sunday) and will be added to next weeks data.

Those numbers are kind of shocking -- especially for PS2.

I'm not questioning the sources, but I'm thinking the national average will be quite different. I have no data, just anecdotal observation of Amazon and the local stores.

My own prediction had guitar hero 3 ps2 > 360 > wii > ps3 :o

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

scotland yard said:
ioi said:
Some of our sources report Monday - Sunday and the others reported small figures for a midnight launch and early pre-sales - both of which meant we made a mistake in originally including sales for GH III. The initial sales (165k for 360, 55k for Wii, 45k for PS2/PS3) are essentially day 1 sales (Sunday) and will be added to next weeks data.

Those numbers are kind of shocking -- especially for PS2.

Agreed. I thought the PS2 sales would be much better. Then again, this is incomplete data.

Don't keep me in the dark here, GH3 sales are what I'm REALLY interested in this week...

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

super_etecoon said:
FishyJoe said:
The numbers were miscalculated in Eurodollarpounds.

I'm thinking this joke is wearing a little thin, but maybe that's just me.

Sadly, I missed the joke.  Anyone care to fill me in?  I know it involves leo...